1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-NBD. Possible new bass day.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UNICORN BASS, Dec 3, 2018.

1. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Morning all. Just checked out a bass on consignment at my local B&M store. Godlyke "Prototype" bass. Don't think it's an actual prototype but maybe the first model sold by Godlyke, late nineties, early 2000's? Ash body (looks like 1 piece) maple neck, very dark board (possibly ebony), Gotoh tuners and bridge. Plays nice, very thumpy with red silk flats. The electronics are fun. 3 knobs currently and 1 open hole. The knob nearest the strings has 5 positions, one of which doesn't work. There is a master volume,and the remaining knob doesn't seem to work anything. No battery compartment but i'm pretty sure it's active. Apologies for the crappy pictures! Your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Anyone?

3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    One more try, anyone know anything about Godlyke basses?

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Never heard of them. I like some of the aesthetics going on there though. Seems clean and balanced.

5. bearfoot

bearfoot

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    The remaining knob must be the "producer knob". : )
    I have heard of the brand before, but I couldn't say when or where.
    Pretty groovy bass. Sorry, that's all I've got.

6. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    As it happens i went back to the store and asked if i could get a gander at the electronics. It seems it was active originally but someone had tossed the electronics and installed a 5 position rotary tone switch. As i said in my post 2 positions are dead. The pot that doesn't work must be a tone knob since it has an orange drop cap on it. If i end up getting it i think i will rip it out and put in a 2 band eq with a coil splitter of some sort. You are right, the aesthetics a really a knock out and i do believe it has an ebony board. Oh, as an added bonus it has a drop d tuner as well! Thanks for replying digital man.