Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P-Nut on 311 Day

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 12, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Was anyone else at the 311 Day show in New Orleans? I am totally amazed by these guys, but P-Nut, in particular, of course. I just don't know how they kept up that level of energy and near-perfection for 4 hours? Certainly a rarity among today's rock bands! Anyways, if anyone was there and was a little closer than I was, or just saw a little clearer, was P-Nut playing a Streamer or a Corvette for the majority of the show? Either way, his sound and style was amazing!

2. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    Its good to see a fellow Brodel on the talkbass site!

Happy late 311 day my man!

P-Nut is a great bassist that fits his band perfectly. So many styles they have.

My personal favorite band/bassist

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    It was probally a Warwick Streamer Stage II.

4. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey, 311 rocks!! Going to see 'em 2 days in a row in 3 days....I actually met Chad at a show in VA a few months back. Nice guy, amazing drummer.

Anyway, I started a thread about P-Nut's new Corvettes on the 311 BB awhile back and he responded and said that he picked up 2 Corvette 5-strings in Houston. The story kinda goes like this: On Music and Grassroots, he used a Tobias 5. But on the Music tour, their RV caught on fire (check out the lyrics for Omaha Stylee), and all their equipment burned up (Tim's first PRS, Chad's Pearl kit, and the Toby :( ). So they had to get all new gear, and Nut got his first Stage II. So his 2 main basses have been Streamer Stage II's - his first (a '91) was used up until the Blue Album, then he used a '97 from Transistoron. Anyway, those basses are special to him, and he said he's basically retired them - he doesn't want them stolen. Chances are he was playing a Corvette.

Ah, I love talking about 311 and Warwick. :D :D I really wish I could've been at the 3/11 show.... :(

5. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    Im on the board also

my s/n is you guessed it Lowend4s

I thought the flame happened on the music tour?

6. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    D'oh! You're right.....edit time...

Yeah, I'm AppliedScience over there, but I really don't go there since they switched the BB format to one like this a few years back.

7. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    eh dont worry about it

im going to see the boys on 4/4 in chitown

man i cant wait

8. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah brah enjoy it....I can't wait....only 3 days!!! WOOHOO

9. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    so what is your favorite P-Nut bassline?

I have so many but I will post some of mine

Strong All Along
    Funky part in Applied Science
    My Stoney Baby
    Creature Feature
    What was I thinking?
    Plain
    Feels so good
    Prisoner
    Strangers
    Champagne
    Amber
    Slinky

oh man i love 311 and i love p-nut!

10. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Ah damn man....I couldn't name just one. Hmm...I really like the line to "I'll Be Here Awhile"...like an undertow almost...."Nutsymptom" of course...."Lose", "Taiyed"...."Feels so Good"....hell, all of 'em.

11. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    lose is great....

311 can pull off some nice ass reggae songs

well im off to bed

peace my friend

12. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Alright bro, I'll post here again after the concerts! Only 30 hours left....:D :D

13. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    be sure to post the setlist!