Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P Nut Warwick sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Dern!
    I like the neck pup idea and the walnut body; nice purple heart sandwich. Are you getting one?

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I think it's expensive.

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Prolly a safe guess.

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think it looks pretty drab personally, but I do like the pickup placement. I was positive that at some point when Warwick was going to build a P-Nut Sig that it was going to have a solid Purpleheart body, or at the very least, a Purpleheart top. I think having the Purpleheart center is pretty weak, but that's just me.

6. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    That bass is awesome, and I love P-Nut, but wouldn't his real signature bass be a SS2 with Bassline jazz pickups? I wonder if he will use the stock pickups, if he indeed uses that bass for a while.

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I like the look of it, but since I find it difficult to play Warwicks in general, I doubt I'll put in much time with one. P-Nut's got great tone though, so this thing could sound killer.

8. Seems nice but I prefer the one he always plays... I wouldn't buy it...

9. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    That's very sweet, but it's gotta be some serious $$$$$$$$

10. I just got a stage II 5 with basslines pickups and preamp. Since P-nut has been using this as his "go to" bass for so many years, I consider it to be his "signiture" bass.

11. AmPb100

AmPb100

Apr 25, 2005
    Berklee/Boston
    Soo sexy.

P-Nut had the choice of the PU and electronics on this bass, but I still agree with that the SSII with the SD's is more his signature than this.

12. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Actually, the Stage II with Basslines isn't his "go-to" anymore. His main bass is a Standard Stage II 5 string with MECs, and I didn't even see him bring out the Stage II with Basslines to tell you the truth last week when I saw them play (they were very good by the way).

13. AmPb100

AmPb100

Apr 25, 2005
    Berklee/Boston
    I'm seeing them general admission in 3 weeks. I'll see what he's playing. I'm fighting to get against the rail. :hyper:

14. I can't help but notice the image pun that this bass delivers: he is the one and only P-Nut, and his bass looks like a gorgeous purpleheart-esque PB&J sandwich!

:rolleyes: :D

Other than that.... solid-looking bass, that!

15. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Yummy. Pitty it'l cost an arm and a leg.. And their won't be many of them :(

16. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Looks alright actually.

17. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I like it too. Walnut + Purpleheart core sounds like a yummy tone monster; the Jazzman configuration and 3-band probably help too. I dig the whole understated look.

18. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    cool pickup placement. I would of figured though that P-NUT would want an all purpleheart bass or an all really dark walnut bass since he tends to go towards the darker woods. Cool lookin though. It is about time he got a sig bass!! Very overrated IMHO! :bassist:

19. Halftooth

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    That was pretty much my beef when I had learned of the P-Nut sig as well. I thought for sure that the body was going to be of Purpleheart as he's been wanting to have a bass made of solid Purpleheart.

20. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland