P-Nut: what do ya think of him?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lowend4s, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    i just figured out there latest single and i must say that this man can lay down a nice fat line......and you think what?
  2. jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    I think he's great. In fact, the first slap song I learned was "What Was I Thinking" from Transistor
  3. I labsolutely love P-Nut. My favourite song Is "Strong All Along". Simple, but wicked bass line.
  4. i think in my own weird way that even though he was around before californication he has filled that litlle void that flea left in me when they made that piece of garbage record but that's another thread
  5. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I really dig 311 in general, I think they're one of those bands that really clicks on a higher level. Seen them a few times live, all great shows. I think P-nut is the perfect bassist for them, I dig his playing.
  6. I really dig P-Nut's feel and tone.. when he hits notes on the B string, it's like "Yeah!!!"
  7. bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    I really like what this group did on their first 2 albums, music, and grassroots. The bass playing is solid. The bass line to "All mixed up" is really cool, the use of the B string on that one is great...it's simple, and so tasteful, like the classic dub/reggae bassline should, makes the whole song bump. He's one of the bass players that really wanted to make me move to a 5-string. I love their drummer too.
  8. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    I like honey roasted, but regular old salted is good too.
  9. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    P nut is great. I love 311. buy new 311 CD "From Chaos" when it comes out in 4 days. BUY IT!
  10. p-nut is great, IMO 311 is quite a gathering of musical talent, and their live shows are nuts. i don't understand how they can play that hard for that long and still sound so good.
  11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    P-Nut is one of my fav bassists, all his lines fit perfectly to the songs.
  12. you have to be kidding! I own most of the RHCP albums from the late 80's on, and think Californication is one of the best. Geez, I don't understand how people can have such varying opinions, but I guess that's good. Still don't understand dissing Californication, though....
  13. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    I didn't like it a whole lot either. In fact, my favo CD with RHCP is One hot minute because its so .. dunno.. weird.

14. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    There is someone called P - Nut in the P funk allstars. Is this the same guy?
  15. liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    OMG! I just listened to the 311 song "you wouldn't believe" and i just found it out in like 1 minute. I AM GETTIN GREAT AT HEARING BY EAR. I CAN PICK UP THINGS ALMOST INSTANTLY!!! OH ya umm go buy there new cd.
  16. P-Nut is sweet. The new CD is awesome. Its different, but in a good way. His tone is so fat and kicks ass. I really love his sound. He really turned me onto playing bass back in the day. His lines fit well in every 311 song and they always make me wanna dance or something. Buy the new 311 album because it's possibly thier best.
  17. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    How could I not respond to this post? HAHA! I think he does a good job, but ill let you in on a little secret. Nick Hexum, one of the singes for the band writes alot of the lines himself. So its not just P -Nut playing bass in he groovy band. Get the new record, is their best yet. Theirlyrics really make sense these days. Come to think of it, I should have started this post.........
  18. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    It seems that whenever i post these days people never respond to the same post again. I really beginning to feel hated.
  19. P-Nut is so out there, I love 'em. 'From Chaos' is a rad record and I can't wait to see them on Warped.
  20. hey i just saw the new 311 video "you wouldn't believe" and i think it has an awesome bass line but p-nut makes himself look like a frickin idiot with the way he was playin i mean come on its ok to jump around because i do but i mean to jump like that is just plain stoopid