P or J?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davidoc, Jun 15, 2003.

1. P bass or J bass, which do you prefer?
  2. I like P's
    I think they look bad-ass
  3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Both. They're all good IMO.
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  5. Sorry guys, I posted this in an effort to bring bass related stuff to the top during the thwaping.
  6. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    how can one determine which is better ? both rock big time,both sound sweet,both paved the way for EVERY other bass,both age gracefully,both are the choices for all the best bassists,both look cool:cool: ,i own one of each, and most of all i look and sound cool with either one.:D so how can i decide ? I CANT !so i'll just have to make sure i always have one of each at all times and places :bassist: so many companies out there are trying to improve on the bass designs,kinda like trying to re-invent the wheel :meh:
  7. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    I love both. I won't decide.. No offence Davy0, but it's like one of those stupid "yeah, but who's your BEST friend?" questions you had to answer in 1st grade. Am I wrong here? :D

[edit] I see now what you meant by posting this.. apparently I missed another Six Slinger Thwapfest. Goody. (insert another witty statement here relating to first grader mentality):meh:
  8. I've always played a precision. But I wonder... does the Jazz have a deeper, fuller sound?!?
  9. Having owned both, I prefer the J. It seems to have a more versitile array of tones. Both pickups up full and get a great slap tone. Back off the neck pickup and you're in Jacoville. I don't solo the neck pickup much, but I imagine you get more of a P tone doing that.