1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P5 Dimensions - help! (5 string P pickup sizes)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by steelin4u, May 4, 2019.

1. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

Hi all,

After some searching, I'm coming up short on a list of 5-string P pickup dimensions. I want to replace my Aguilar P pup because im not a fan, and I was disappointed to learn that the Bartolini is shorter and would look awful in the Aggie gap. Here's what I have so far, and anyone else that can add sizes, please do! I guess I'll be off to the manufacturer's sites, too.

Aguilar - 2.8in x 1.080in., each split P the same size. 2.8in is not including the tabs.

Bartolini - 2.2in. x 1.080in., each split P the same size. 2.2 not including tabs.

SmartSelect_20190504-102228_Drive.jpg SmartSelect_20190504-102431_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Nordstrand looks like a match.

3. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

Thanks for the response, @Eric Moesle. Nordstrand is close to Bartolini in size; no where close to Aguilar, according to their site.
    SmartSelect_20190504-161014_Samsung Internet.jpg

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Delano is the same size as Barts. Looks like Aguilar is the odd man out with their own proprietary size.

5. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I had Nordstrand build me a custom NP5 with two large covers to replace the Aguilar that came in my Keith. That’s the only option I’m aware of. Since then, I’ve found that I slightly prefer their NP5V and have been thinking about having Nordy make me another custom pickup, but I don’t want to waste the NP5 - shoot me a message if your interested in the pickup! 351EAC65-7B5F-4E77-A642-23D394821B7A.jpeg

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    steelin4u likes this.
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That looks to be a great looking bass! Is the bridge pickup a big single or big split?

7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Thanks! I went with a Big Split per Nordstrand’s recommendation and they pair very well. The bass originally had just the P which was simple and beautiful looking, but I later had Martin add the bridge pickup which provided the clarity and definition I prefer. Can’t recommend Martin enough, great guy to work with. Same with Nordstrand - top notch service.

mmbongo likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021