Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PA Cabs? Peavey, Carvin or Other?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Nov 18, 2004.

1. I am looking to build a PA system... right now it will be for Vocals only. But I would like to build something to runa whole band at amedium to large Venue. SO whatever I buy now I would like to be able to use in the future just add on to it. Currently I am looking at the Carvin 1588 and the Peavey TLS 6X. I wanted to know wich you would suggest since I can get them for the same price. I like that the Peaveys are a little smaller but the carvins are more sensitive and have a little larger frequency range. Please let me know your opinions... Thank you

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I have had PV PA for many years. The stuff is good sounding and pretty much bullet proof. I cant speak to the Carvin stuff.

Mike

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    My band has a Carvin PA system (including these huge ass Carvin speakers). Its a nice setup. Honestly, the PA sounds great for vocals, keys, and even guitar is ok, but I hate the way my bass sounds thru it. Maybe I just like my amp way better.

4. I am using EV pro series cabs, and they're just one of the best out there IME.

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    The best bang for the buck is the Yamaha clubV series for around the same price as the the other brands you speak of. Carvin's which I also own have bad lowend response. The Yammies have Emenence drivers they are very clear and can handle lows very well. I play a CD through my system and it sounds like a home stereo. Peaveys never impressed me.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    JBL's SRX series, if it's not out of your price range.

7. I just purchased some Bagend TA15C. to my ears they sound incredible. I was just wondering if any of you have any expirience with them.