PA Systems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Computerdude86, May 6, 2001.

1. I am a beggining bassist with a band. We have a guitar, bass, and drummer. We play punk rock. But, we need a PA system for on-stage performances. I'm not an expirienced buyer in this arena, so I'd appreciate some suggestions on quality, low-priced PA systems.

Watch out for my new band, PUNK-21!
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Great topic. The people in the Amps Forum will be more than happy to answer this inquiry.

Will C.:cool:
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, I'd recommend something by Mackie. It's not exacly cheap, but they have some good powered mixers for reasonable cash. The sound is the best, and reliability is first rate. Many of them have the effects buitl in.

Another cool option might be to get one of their 1402 VLZ Pro mixers, or a 1604 VLZ Pro, and hook it up directly to a pair of their powered speakers. You'd need to add effects, EQ and compression, though. Check it out.
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Not trying to be a wet blanket or anything but...who will be paying for this?
  5. tomtrb

Apr 17, 2001
    The JBL Eon systems seem along the lines of what you're looking for. The cabs are powered, so you dont need a big rack setup, etc. Its not designed for big time sound gigs, but it would be great for small gigs.
  6. chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
  7. Our band has been using a Peavey system: XR-600F with older version Peavey TLS-2s for mains and Fender 1270 monitors. It has worked great for us. Reasonably priced, great sound, easy to operate. We have played in large clubs and small dives, and it has always been loud enough.

Look into a Peavey system. They are real good and real reliable.

Keep Thumpin'! Sammy!