Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

package or no package

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by profesorfrink, Feb 14, 2005.

1. profesorfrink

profesorfrink

Feb 13, 2005
    NY
    I am hopefully buying my first bass guitar this friday(if all goes well(so excited!)) :) I am a complete newby to bass guitar and actually, stringed instruments in general. I unfortunately have a very limited budget, a mere $300. :scowl: I need to get everything (guitar, amp, strap, other accesories) and I am thinking it is very hard to accomplish this if bought separetly. That is why I looked into starter packages, or value packages as they call them. I have found one that has an Ibanez GSR 100 ( i think thats the type) and little ten-watt amp but all the accesories. Actually, heres a link http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-Jumpstart-Bass-Package-i27209.music, and yes I know it is a downright lie when they refer to the amp having a "potent 10 watts". This is the highest quality I can find in my price range and a lot of my friends say this is a very good pack, because it basically had everything. My dad also told me I might want to rent in case I dont like bass, but I have a pretty strong feeling I will like this, in my group of friends I am always the quiet one who doesnt get noticed, much like the bassist so I fit that role perfectly.

Looking forward to any thoughts and sorry for such a long post, just looking for a place to get started. :)

~Brien

2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    You have to start somewhere. Apart from the quality of the bass, if it allows you to make a noise, and learn to play bass, more power to ya. You'll soon enough know if you want to continue, and spend more money, and much of your life (like the rest of us). If not, then you're not out too much. Good luck.

3. one of my friends, when he first started, purchased that package. Good quality bass for the price. I have no clue about the amp though, he blew it in a week :p I would recommend it