Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Packing peanuts in a cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deluxeg, Mar 6, 2003.

1. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    I recently got an Eden D-410T shipped to me. when i recieved it, the cab was almost completely filled with packing peanuts. Any ideas on how to get them out?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Play REALLY, REALLY LOUD!!!!:D

You will probably have to remove the grille, take out a speaker and attack the peskly little critters with a shop vac (or similar).

Be careful not to suck up the insulation inside the cabinet (assuming that is has some...I've never looked inside an Eden cabinet) or damage the wiring or crossover.

Since you didn't mention it, I presume that your cabinet arrived safely...good thing considering the padding material migrated inside your cabinet.

Good luck!!!

3. I had the same problem with a QSC power amp I received. That is why I always ship gear inside a sealed plastic bag.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    They do have insulation but it's tightly compressed and almost blanket like - not the sort of stuff you can suck up with a vaccume cleaner.

Who ever shipped it to you should receive a nasty letter IMO.

5. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    A few months ago, I bought the same cab through ebay. I had the same problem. Playing loudly does get them out, or you should be able to pull them out by reaching through the port in the back. I think a vaccuum is a good idea because of the "blanket" insulation.

Let me know if you get them out because I still have a few in mine.