1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Packrat Recovery Sale - Lots of Different Items

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by slap2much, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Welcome to what will hopefully be my one-time-only PACKRAT RECOVERY SALE: Hoping that you guys can get some useful stuff out of my struggle to not hoard and be a little more realistic about completing projects. Shipping will be a flat $5 for totals under $20, FREE for $20 or over. In keeping with the theme of the listing, not interested in trades. PM with requests, I'll take them in the order they are received. PayPal is quickest, I'll accept Postal Money Orders also. I'm putting a few other items up for sale soon in separate threads, of course no additional shipping if you add any of this stuff on. I'll come back & drop links at the end of this post..

Hipshot D-tuner, exact fit for the larger 70s style Jazz tuning machines (eg Geddy Lee or '75 RI). SOLD.

Chrome Jazz pickup cover - still in mailer bag, never used. SOLD.]

Vintage (50s or maybe early 60s) Daka-Ware brand Bakelite knobs (black). Pretty cool retro vibe, has set screw and will fit on your typical solid or split-shaft control. Size-wise about the same as the small (tone) knob on a Jazz bass. I have about a dozen of these. $3 each or $5 for 2.
    PICT0142.

500K audio taper pots from WD Music. Still sealed. I have two of these. $5 each.
    PICT0143.

DPDT mini switch, 2 position ON-ON. I have three of these. $5 each.
    PICT0144.

DOD passive direct box. I don't have the screws on the bottom, quick trip to the hardware store or
    you can just seal with blue tape like I did. SOLD

Whirlwind instrument cable. Around 6' but the coiling allows it to go further. SOLD.

Stereo 1/4" to dual mono 1/4" cable. Switchcraft connectors, total length around 6 feet. $10.
    PICT0151.

Allparts branded dual concentric pot and chrome knobs to match. $10 each Knobs are SOLD.
    PICT0152.

SX J-Bass control plate. $5.
    PICT0153.

Squier Jazz Bass control plate and mounting screws. $7.50.
    PICT0154.

DPDT mini switch, three position ON-ON-ON -- for series/parallel/coil split switching on a dual-coil pickup. I have three of these. $5 Each - ONE SOLD, 2 LEFT.
    PICT0144.

Passive tone pot with push/pull activated variable mid-cut (from HAS Sound -- see www.has-sound.com for details, it's the one for bass (of course) and the tone cap is the 'bass sound' one. SOLD.

Srings: 3 full sets, two are flats (see pictures for condition etc.), all cut for a Fender 4-inline setup. The green rounds are DR Evergreens, .45-105 SOLD, not sure what the two flats are. SOLD.

Steinberg Midi interface - Mac ADB connector to MIDI in/out. $10.
    PICT0149.

Very thick speaker cable (maybe 10ga or so) -- 20 feet with 1/4" on one end, plain on other. $10.
    PICT0148.

Mic cable, female 3 conductor balanced on one end, no connector on the other, a little under 20 feet. $5. Can't find the picture at the moment but will update this when I do.

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I'll take the Jazz Bass pickup cover if you'll include shipping to 80121. Let me know! Thanks.

3. PM'd Re: the Evergreens.

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    pm on the instrument cable

5. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    I'll take the other 2 sets of mystery flatwounds. PM incoming.

6. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    Well, I grabbed the direct box too. Payment sent. From one packrat to another, thanks!

7. do you know if the blend pot is max volume on both pickups at center?

8. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    It's a tone pot, not a volume pot. Check on the Has-Sound website, it's the item called 'bass guitar midrange/tone control.' In the up position you can adjust the amount of midrange cut, in the down position it functions like a regular tone pot. I used the mid cut to dial up a quick slap tone.

Or, if you're talking about the dual concentric pot, it's two independent pots so they can be individually adjusted (the chrome knobs are two stacked in the one package). PM me back if I haven't explained well enough...

9. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    If the buyer of the jazz pup cover falls through, I'll take it.

10. scootron

scootron Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    PM sent

11. Good luck with the hoarding and congratulations on taking a big step. I know it isn't easy.

12. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Thanks -- you know, the hardest thing is going back in here to update the thread and seeing everyone else's for sale postings..."hey, maybe I could use this...no, no, WAIT!"...it's kinda like attending your AA meeting in a bar.

13. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

The last Macintosh with an ADB port was discontinued in August 1999, so that Steinberg MIDI interface is most likely going to the recycling center.

I've got several ADB keyboards and mice in a closet, but then I'm a support guy; I still have a few clients with machines that old. If someone's keyboard breaks, they're almost impossible to find any more.

(And I even have one of the original Apple MIDI interfaces...I'm a bit of a pack rat too!)

14. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Heh, yeah, I work in IT too but don't usually encounter Macs at my day job...believe it or not I used this in conjunction with my trusty PowerMac 7100AV until quite recently. With an Audiomedia II card and some ProTools type plug-ins it held its own up til the advent of ultra-cheap 96/24 stuff last year...

Proud to report, though, that I have neither the PowerMac or the Audiomedia II card in my basement. No comment on ADB keyboards and mice. Hey, anybody need a 2x speed external SCSI CDS burner? Cost $600 new, I'd let it go for a lot less. I even have a couple spare caddies...I guess I still have a ways to go on that path to recovery.

Bump for baby steps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.