1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Padded bass bags that can hold mini amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by synterx, Mar 16, 2009.

1. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Didn't know for sure where to put this. Everyone always says they put their LMII, or Shuttle in their bass bag. Well, I've tried two, and my GK MB2-500 doesn't really fit. Which bags actually have a big enough pocket to put the amp, cords, etc.?

I guess I'm asking exactly which bags people have really put their Shuttle or MB2 or LMII in and still had room for a few other things.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    In the past, I have seen comments suggesting a double bag, and use the extra compartment for gear.

3. synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Actually, I really want a double bag that has a big enough pocket. I have the World Tour model, $50 and really made very well. It has a big deep pocket that would be great, but it's not quite wide enough, maybe off by 1/2" only to work.

This one caught my eye, but no one in the USA seems to have one. Check out this Ibanez bag:

http://en.woodbrass.com/IBANEZ+IDBB5-BK+-+DOUBLE+GIGBAG+FOR+2+ELECTRIC+BASSES

That is awesome! Wheels, upright legs to stand it up, What looks like huge pockets, and plenty of them! I want one really, really bad. Yet no one in the us has them. Seems to be a UK only thing. And Cheap too!

4. The MB2-500 will fit in my Warwick's side pocket, but not in the Road Runner's side pocket; can barely get more than a cable in the RR!

5. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    dude, i want that ibanez double bag bad. looks real nice. i want to start using a nice double gig bag for local gigs and my hardshells for road gigs only.

6. synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Isn't that Ibanez nice? Looks so well thought out. The way it's tapered, the pockets, the wheels, and at less than $100 bucks, a completely fair price. Why on earth wouldn't they sell that here? I guess I could order one from the UK if the shipping isn't insane.

7. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    The Ibanez is good, but no amp (except the F1/F500 MAYBE) will fit into the side pocket.

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Computer laptop bags work beautifully.

9. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have the Shuttle Bag for my Shuttle 6.0 and it fits into the Lakland branded bass bag. The power and speaker cable for the Shuttle fit in the Shuttle Bag pocket. The Lakland bag's pocket isn't padded, so I really wanted the Shuttle Bag.

If the F1/F500 would fit in the Ibanez, the Shuttle 6.0 probably too.

KO

10. synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    I have a computer laptop bag, but I want to try to get my load down to one cabinet, and one double bass bag, one 2-bass stand.

It's not a huge deal, but the MB2 is so small, it just seems like it should fit in pockets.

11. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

My iGig easily fits an Acoustic Image Clarus.

Plus it's a great bag.

LeonD

12. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    My Shuttle 6.0 (same size as the LMII, more or less) fits in the big pocket of my Fender Deluxe bag. In fact, I bought it specifically because someone else here on the forum posted about it, with pictures showing that it fits.

I think the my RoadRunner is a better bag overall, but the Fender bag has a LOT more storage space.

Asad

13. I found a nice bag at Target for like $20 that holds all my cords, my LMII, music charts and hey even a sandwich!

14. I use a Tribal-Planet molded gigbag. I fit my LM250, jacks, shirt and pants and notes in it.

15. +1 That would be the bag if you wanted to do this. I personally like these micro's in a small bag on their own, with a pocket for all the cables associated with the amp. Once you get a bass and an amp (even a lightweight one) in a gig bag, with multiple speakons, power cables, and extension cord, and all the other stuff, it just gets a bit heavy for me.

IMO, much easier to set a little 6-8 pound soft bag on the top of a cab and wheel it in IMO.

16. I use a Club Bass double bag (http://clubbass.ca/bags.html) that looks like it's modeled after the Undercover bags. Actually, I have a feeling it might well be an Undercover.

At any rate, the padding is excellent, and the construction is very high quality. It'll hold two basses (individually zippered) and the main pocket will take a LMII. Once loaded down, though, it's an insanely heavy 30 pound bag, so I most often just carry one bass and the head in the play-through MarkBass soft case.

17. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I bought a case for a portable DVD player to house my Eden WTX-260. It has a zipper pocket where I keep the amp's power cord. (The 3-foot Speakon cable rides nicely in the port of the D112XLT cabinet; I make a coil large enough to friction-fit inside.)

I think that case cost about $9 at Best Buy.

Bring your amp with you to try out the selection of different cases available.

18. Chjpeter

Chjpeter

Mar 20, 2009
    I have the Fender Deluxe gig bag and it fits my LMII, cables and more. Only problem is a seam is ripping :( So quality might not be as high as some of the the other bags mentioned.

19. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I just measured the largest pocket on my Carvin gig bag and it looks like a BX500 will fit.