1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Padded Portable Chair/Stool?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jackajesusfreak, May 5, 2010.

1. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    Hey all,
    I go into nursing homes and entertain. I'm using a padded piano bench to sit on. Because it does not have back support, I'm starting to get back aches after the hour session. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or possibilities where I could pick up a portable padded stool/chair with back support? I've googled with no luck so far. I know it's a long shot but I figured it never hurts to ask. Thanks in advance.
    Jack

2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
  3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I'm sure you can find a small chair/stool with a backrest for less than $300!

4. a possible cheaper option might be a drummers throne with a backrest.

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Beat me to it!

6. I play nursing homes - you can normally find a folding "bridge chord table - chair" at the home. Padded seat and back with no arms to get in the way. Or pick one up from Wal-Mart. It's a little lower than I like.......

I like a tall stool with a padded cover - Wal-Mart unpainted bar stool. Tall enough to where I just back up to it and sit down. I do this several times in an hour gig. My back is not the problem, but, I do need to rest the old body and sit awhile.

Good luck.

7. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I use one of these. The foot rest is in the perfect spot when the seat is raised. I don't think I use the back rest a lot though.

Throne-large.

8. Giorgetto

Giorgetto Fingers on 4 Flatwounds

Dec 29, 2008
    Near Tinseltown
    Artist Relationship: Wilkins-Ampeg-La Bella
    I have one of these with a back rest and it works very well for me, they have different models/options and you can check them out at: www.rocnsoc.com

9. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    +1

Some really nice drum thrones out there. Really nice. :bassist:

10. saguarosqueezer

saguarosqueezer

Apr 8, 2011
    MD, what kind of stool is this? Thanks!

11. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    That is a fairly standard keyboard stool that a lot of online stores brand as their own. I have one that I got through Musician's Friend (they slapped their label on it), and it works very well. The downside is that it's not that comfortable if you're sitting on it for hours on end (I use mine in a theatre pit). So, I had an upholsterer re-cover the chair and put different padding in it, and it works great now.

12. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
  13. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    +1 on that.