1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paesold Model 500

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Honk'n_down-low, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Anyone have any info on this 3/4 student model Bass?

Paesold Model 500

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. Thanks I sent him an e-mail - curious what they are valued at and if it is a suitable starter DB.

4. Hey Steve replied - very nice of him to weigh in - no info on this one - kind of strange to me - but it was made in 2001 so could just be a transitional model or something. Anyone else have a clue about it that would be helpful - thanks again.

5. mattgray

mattgray

Nov 16, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    I don't know if you mean model 592, but I own one, and it's served me well. It has a decent sound, and has a fantastic high range. My only complaints:

1) Not suitable for orchestra. You'll be drowned out by louder basses; it's a relatively soft-spoken bass.
    2) The string length is TINY. Talking about 40-or so inches long.
    3) The finish is a little too red -- it looks a little too 'fake'.

Otherwise, it plays REALLY easily and has a great tone. I'd recommend it for intermediate-advanced players. The reason I switched is because a) I couldn't hear myself in my university orchestra, and b) the string length was too small. I need something larger so that I can transition to better basses when the time comes.