1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Page B20 Amp = Hartke B20 Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kevinod, Aug 1, 2002.

  1. kevinod


    Jun 29, 2002
    Cork, Ireland
    Hi y'all,

    I've recently bought my first bass (Tanglewood Rebel 4K) and bought an amp with it, a Page B20. I've been trying to find reviews and info on this on the web but without any success. I didn't get any manuals or anything with it (ok, you don't really need manuals for an amp I guess) so I'm not very sure of what exactly its capable of.

    One thing I have noticed is that there is a Hartke B20 amp which while looks a little different has exactly the same controls in the same order & of course is also the B20 model. I'm wondering if anyone knows is there a link here? Are they one and the same amp with slightly different shells? Is Page just Hartke for certain parts of the world (like Cort is the name used by Tanglewood in the US)?

    Here are the links for these that I've found:
    Hartke amp at: http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=23&brandID=3

    Page amp ad from: http://www.lefthandedguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Tanglewood_86.html

    Anyone any ideas? The Hartke amp is described as a 'combo' amp, what does that mean exactly?

    thanks in advance!
  2. CaracasBass


    Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

    A Combo is an amp with the speaker(s) and the amplifier in one enclosure, just like the one you bougth.
    You can also buy an amp usually called "head", and buy separate speakers, This is called Rack, like this:

    Amp head:

    Speaker cabinet:

    The choices and configurations could be endless

    Check this, it should help you:

  3. kevinod


    Jun 29, 2002
    Cork, Ireland
    thanks for that, especially the diagram, explains it pretty clearly!

    I was wondering if combo meant that I could use it with a normal electric guitar as well as my bass so that sets me straight.


    Still wondering about the Page/Hartke thing but it appears that Page has some link with Tanglewood/Cort, its included in the webpages at http://www.muzonet.com/tanglewood as part of the amp product range.

    Velly interestink!
  4. Captain Awesome

    Captain Awesome

    Apr 2, 2001
    I don't think Page has any link to Hartke, I'm pretty sure the Hartke line has dealers in Ireland as well.
  5. CaracasBass


    Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    No problem...:D

Share This Page