Paging Belgians

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Mar 22, 2011.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I'm hopping over to Brussels for the weekend. Any good venues for live music?

2. well, i'm not belgian but i do live in Brussels. What are you looking for ? Jazz, blues ?

Jazz Clubs Belgium

3. Whatever you do, at the end of the afternoon drop by the 'Delerium Bar', only 300 feet from the main old center market. It's, according to the Guinness Book of Records, the location in the world with the largest variety of beers on sale, over 2.000 guaranteed brands..

A great venue for a afternoon drink..

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Thanks. I forgot you were there. Our daughter is doing an internship in Brussels, so we're going to spend the weekend with her.

I think Jazz or blues would be great. Any good websites that show who's playing this weekend? Not limited to jazz and/or blues.

Hoping to load up on waffles whenever possible.

BTW......I hope TB'rs find the opportunity to visit Luxembourg if they haven't done so. We just love that place. Definitely worth another visit.

6. yes, it's a beer cathedral haha. it's definitely worth visiting but it's also super crowded and very touristy.

great timing, this week should be very sunny and quite warm for March. :hyper:

Brussels Events | Whatsonwhen

Brussels Events & Concerts | Upcoming Events in Brussels, Belgium - Eventful

don't forget chocolate and of course beer ! I'm glad you liked Luxembourg, let me know when you there again.

7. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Delirium is awesome! They also have an absinthe bar across the alley that is also excellent.

There was a really cool Jazz club that was set up like a speak easy. I cannot recall where it was but my friend and I enjoyed it a lot, it was definitely a 'le hypercool' spot.

I also suggest visiting St. Katherines, a church that has a urinal built on the side of it. How many times do you get to say you legally pissed on a church? There was also a vendor outside the fishmonger there selling caricoles that were delicious.

Stop by USE IT if you get a chance, its a tourist centre geared towards university aged people but they have free maps and are super friendly, you can definitely get some awesome info from them.

8. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Mar 14, 2011
    Belgium
    If you're lucky, you might catch some good gigs at the AB (Ancienne Belgique).
    Check out their website for details. It's usually 20 euros or something.

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Home | UiT in Brussel it's in Dutch but you not hard to figure out if you speak German

Other cool venue:

Botanique agenda: mars 2011 | Botanique

Imo, the old centre is a big tourist trap, the Dansaert quartier (if you're coming from central station, go through the old centre up to the Bourse, the Dansaert area starts on the other side of the boulevard) is a lot more fun.

If you're into second hand stuff, check out the Vossenplein.

Lot's of musea worth visiting, too!

Big Tuymans exhibition, David Claertbout @ Wiels (video artist, really cool stuff), the Magritte museum, an retrospective on David Seymour (photographer) in the Jewish museum...

>>> http://www.brusselsmuseums.be/en/musees/index.php

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021