Paging Dr. Mike

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XavierG, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Say doc, wondering if you might offer a few words of wisdom. I've developed a middle and outer ear infection. Am on antibiotics (drops into the affected ear) and lots of Tylenol. The pain is debilitating. I have to go into the recording studio tomorrow to lay a few tracks for a buddy of mine. The thought of listening to the backing tracks over headphones makes me cringe. Someone told me to warm up some olive oil and put a few drops in my ear. Never heard that one before! Do I sprinkle some garlic and salt? Is this sound advise? (not the garlic and salt part).
  2. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Be sure to use extra virgin olive oil! :D

bummer, i hope your ear gets better.

Isn't Mike pretty busy right now with his recent habitat relocation?
  3. Never put anything into your ear, except your elbow.

I feel for ya, man, I still get ear infections from time to time. Unfortunately, nothing helps me but the medication and waiting for it to go away. No way to postpone recording, I take it?
  4. Well after he re-wired his internet connection he's gonna try the whole house.

5. I got a heaps bad ear infection not long ago. I warmed some olive oil and put a little in there.

It felt so much better for a while but i'm not sure on how much it helps medically. It was surprising though.

and i'm not just saying this because i want you to put olive oil in your ear:D

give it a try
  6. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Sorry you're feeling bad, Xman.

The warm olive oil remedy does work. When I was a kid (about a thousand years ago :)), that was the remedy of choice. I don't think it cures any infection but it helps with the pain.

A warm towel held against your ear probably will help too.