Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paging Dr. Mike

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XavierG, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Say doc, wondering if you might offer a few words of wisdom. I've developed a middle and outer ear infection. Am on antibiotics (drops into the affected ear) and lots of Tylenol. The pain is debilitating. I have to go into the recording studio tomorrow to lay a few tracks for a buddy of mine. The thought of listening to the backing tracks over headphones makes me cringe. Someone told me to warm up some olive oil and put a few drops in my ear. Never heard that one before! Do I sprinkle some garlic and salt? Is this sound advise? (not the garlic and salt part).

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Be sure to use extra virgin olive oil! :D

bummer, i hope your ear gets better.

Isn't Mike pretty busy right now with his recent habitat relocation?

3. Never put anything into your ear, except your elbow.

I feel for ya, man, I still get ear infections from time to time. Unfortunately, nothing helps me but the medication and waiting for it to go away. No way to postpone recording, I take it?

4. Well after he re-wired his internet connection he's gonna try the whole house.

:D:D

Merls

5. I got a heaps bad ear infection not long ago. I warmed some olive oil and put a little in there.

It felt so much better for a while but i'm not sure on how much it helps medically. It was surprising though.

and i'm not just saying this because i want you to put olive oil in your ear:D

give it a try

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Sorry you're feeling bad, Xman.

The warm olive oil remedy does work. When I was a kid (about a thousand years ago :)), that was the remedy of choice. I don't think it cures any infection but it helps with the pain.

A warm towel held against your ear probably will help too.

Pkr2