Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paging Psycho or Anyone Else With Trace Elliot Info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tapp, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Psycho, I seem to recall you owning some older Trace amps and was wondering if you new anything about the model GP12XV Tube Bass Pre-Amp? I just got one off of Ebay and was trying to find a schematic for it on the net with no luck.

It seems to be from the Quatravalve era with the silver cosmetics. I've heard these were well built amps that sounded great too. I just wanted to see if a schematic was available. Do you think Mark Gooday of Ashdown would have a schematic from his days at Trace and would be willing to help?

thanks!

Tapp

2. I got a skit for my VR400 from Mark Gooday a few years back(...although I don't remember where it's at at the moment.) He was very helpful. Evidently Gibson didn't buy the rights to old tube designs and they don't have skits for them. I saw that preamp on eBay. It's identical to the one on the VA350 amp, so a skit for that amp would help you out, too. I've got a VA350, along with my VR400 and a V6. Killer amps.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  4. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Many Thanks guys!! I'll see what I can come up with.

Tapp