Paint Chip, Can it be Repaired?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Mar 28, 2004.

1. So I'm at my friends house jamming, and we go outside to see his hottub cause he said it's draining, and we decide to soak our feet in. At this point, my bass is strapped on. My friend tries to pinch me or something and instincs take over and I naturally flinch, and boing, I feel that bounce of bass of concrete, not good!

What would you do? Can this be repaired, if so, how much would it cost. It may be sorta my fault, a little, but I'm still pretty pissed!
  2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Damn man, that sucks.

In short, yes it can be repaired, but to be honest (unless you're REALLY attached to that bass) its not worth it. Put some clear nail polish over it so it doesn't get any bigger.

Don't forget, battle scars are cool!
  3. Please help me *pokes bottom lip out*
  4. MyDogBo

Aug 25, 2002
    sure it can be repaired ..

if you can match the paint you can slowly build up the divot with paint .. one application at a time .. let it dry .. fire away with another layer until finally youve reached the same level ..

may take several days between drying and coats .. but can be done .. toothpics work good ..

then it can be color sanded and eventually clear coated (same way) and color sanded again and then polished with 3m "finesse it" polishing compound ..

patience and going slowly is KEY .. if you get in a hurry .. it will end up looking like $h!t .. so take your time ..

its done all the time on expensive show cars and collector cars that get dinged up from moving or driving them ..