1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

paint fill...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by luzceloffan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Well guys, i started painting my p body on the back and sides with a solid pearl black, i got some problems with the nitro since i used a lacquer that was supossed to be sealer and finish, when i applied it and started to dry some white dust started to appear in the nitro....i sanded and started to apply the paint in the back, however i didnt notice i screwed the sealer in the neck plate area, is not visible, but i was thinking to use ca glue mixed with paint and then start the nitro finish on it to fill that mistake. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    That picture is pretty out of focus, so I cant tell anything from that. But don't mix CA in with the finish. Your best bet is to just sand that part down and respray it.

3. thanks Hopkins, you know? I was inspecting the body, when i finished spraying the rest seemed smooth, but now that is dry i see various tiny holes..which make me think there was wood without seal...should I sand everything and start again?

4. nvm, i will sand everything and re-do it, i will go full solid black with a painted white veneer ... The trans finish didnt convinced me.