1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Paintball anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stingray2112, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I was wondering if any of my fellow bass brethren play paintball? I've been playing for a few years and I just love the adrenaline rush it gives you. I don't play as much as i used to just for the fact it's expensive as hell, anyone else play?

2. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    I've never gone paintballing, but I've always wanted to.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Used to... played on an amateur team and was sponsored by a local shop.

Played until I nearly tore off my kneecap sliding into a bunker and hitting a piece of slate. While recovering, I realized how much money the sport cost me, and hung up the gun.

I was using a WGP Autococker with the team, since that's what the shop wanted us to use, we were his biggest advertisement... but on the side I was using my Tippy 98 Custom, painted yellow and black like a bee. Either that, or I was out against a bunch of electric guns with nothing but my 10 round PGP pump pistol. THAT made for a good match.

4. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Paintball is fun. I used to own/run a nice little indoor field in Hayward. I've been around those circles like whoa. I've played on teams with a lot of the top players out here in CA today. The scene gives and takes. When someone says to me, "Let's go, I want to shoot some people!", I say, " I don't."

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Only once. Out in Azusa canyon with a couple friends. I got tagged on the back of the hand from about 10 feet away and it resulted in a nasty welt. That was my fretting hand and I needed to take a week long break from the bass, so no more.

6. I play once or twice a year, used to play a lot more than that. I have way to many other expensive hobbies to bother with paintball much anymore.

lowsound

7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Use to play when I was younger. It just got way too darn expensive though and wasn`t nearly as rewarding as other hobbies I was into. The last time I played I was about 16 or 17 years old.

8. I used to play very regularly. Had roughly $500 worth invested in my gun/tank setup. I reslly screwed up my back once fleeing an attack and blindly jumped in a ditch that I thought was 2-3 feet deep. It was 5-6 feet deep. Ouch. I have had the itch to play a lot lately though.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've been playing forever.... we used to play in the woods back in the 80's when all you had were woodland camo's, shop goggles and pump guns and sense of honor to not cheat and to play fair.
    The last few times I went to local fields though I was pretty disappointed... kids with guns shooting 199999 ball per minute, bright colored motorcross clothing, bad attitudes, cheating, trash talking, kids illegally upping the fps on the guns on the field, point blank face shots..ugh. It 'aint what it used to be. I sold off most of my semi's and almost all my gear. Just kept my pumps for old times sake and just recently got into airsoft which seems to be far more like what paintball was years ago. Of course, this is just in my own personal experience others may feel differently.

10. I can relate to the attitudes with some people Relic, I usually go with a group of friends and just have a good time. The price is why I don't go as often I used too. You can easily drop 60 to 70 bucks on paint and admission...if only it were cheaper:scowl:

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yeah man I don't understand it.. way back when we did it for fun. A bunch of us would go out, shoot the crap out of each other then at the end of the day talk and joke about it as friends. Talk about who shot who, who had great moves etc etc. The last few times I went (this was about maybe 2 years ago) I couldn't stand it. I figured that I better stop before I go off on somebody. The only way I would go now is with a group of people I know.

12. I'm just getting ready for this year's pb season. Last year I got put out of commission by kidney stones. This year I'm definitely going to go play more often.

13. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I'm selling all my gear this summer because with college and music and some other things its just got way to expensive. Played with 30 or 40 people every other week for 5 or 6 years now. Makes me sad to sell it and i will sorely miss it, but its time to get rid of it. Last summer I played the least I ever had and I feel I would ply even less this year.