Paintball players: Show your gear

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by menialtaskguapo, May 27, 2004.

1. Yeah, I don't have any pics of my own markers :meh:
    however I can just name them.
    I have a Tippman 98 Custom (hoo-rah)
    Spyder Esprit
    PT Enforcer Pistol
    and my one and only,
    an M3 Patriot (rare)
    ....yeah so no angels or expensive guns like that, so about yours?
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    It's weird this thread's come up, as I've just been talked into rejoining my team. Sold my autococker and stuff, and so I'm preparing a list of new equipment. So far the list looks like this:

WGP Nightkast (an autococker that basically times itself electronically. If there was a nobel prize for being awesome, Planet Eclipse and WGP would get it.)
    Planet Eclipse Nexus kit (faster ram and better valving, makes the gun cycle faster and more consistently.)
    Smart Parts Freak barrel kit (i have lots of options for paint/barrel matching now? holy crap!)
    whatever 68/4500 nitro/compressed air tank i find
    Halo B hopper
    some kind of drop forward so I can tuck the gun up better.
    DYE Invision goggles
    I need to get a new Redz pack, too.

The new stuff is a lot cheaper than when I was playing, when I started looking around I was amazed that things had gotten so much cheaper. I remember when I played tournaments, I was lusting after a Westwood autococker that ran for around $2,100; and now a better gun is coming straight from Worr Games Products for less than half.
  3. I used to be so into paintball, thousand dollar guns, national tournaments, hundreds of dollars a month on playing. I played like 3 times a week, I honestly don't know what I'm thinking. I think quitting that and taking up bass over the summer was one of the best decisions I've made thus far.

But you'll come around ;)
  4. I used to be big into paintball and i would be at my local fields every weekend with 5 of my friends and we would always be on the same team and just play for hours on end, It was always a blast. After a little while and after one of our team mates broke his leg riding his bike we just stoped going. CO2 refills, paint, equipment rentals(yes, i rented a gun when my friend didn't want to let me borrow his spider special), and field fee's started to leave a huge dent in our wallets every weekend we just couldn't keep up with. I miss it but i still get a chance to play maybe 1-2 times a year.
  5. yee haw spyder special
    i remember back in the old days when all of my friends and I played with stingrays (btw if you are considering playing paintball, DO NOT get a stingray, if they break you can't fix them)
    yeah i own a field, not a local field, just one where i can invite all of my friends, its not to big, however its big enough to play on and not see the other players, and the speedball field i have in it pwns for a home field, i also have a fortified tree house, about 50 feet of trench (also known as a dried up creek), and a 40 foot paliside wall, dubbed 'The Alamo', appropriately
    none of my other gear other than my gun is worth mentioning, except my Redz gear harness.
  6. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Man I used to love paintball. Me and my friends made our own field. But it just became to expensive. I need to sell my spyder compact 2000. I got shot 8 times point blank in the butt, man those were good times.

7. hehe a field at my local paint ball fields is called the alamo. Its set up as a building in the middle of a heavily wooded area where you would have a defending team in the building and an attacking team in the woods who would advance. The game was a typical single shot elimination game and no body ever wanted to be the defending team, the woods were so thick that you could rarely get a clean shot off without hitting some tree's or brush or something. Also, the building was a single level with no roof so if someone got close enough they could just toss in a tipman grenade and eliminate half the team :D

Needless to say, i made sure i was never defending.
  8. hah tippman grenades suck
    we can never manage to activate one properly, we always end up dicking around with it after a game to make it go off. However, one did work one time, it was actually an Alamo game, and i was defending and fought back all who attacked. So i banded together several people to counterattack and advanced. While i was advancing, my friend Mason, who got me addicted to the whole sport anyways, was hiding behind a bunker waiting for me. All he had was a grenade, no gun. So i advanced and he popped out of his bunker and threw it at me. Unfortunately I saw it coming and if that wasn't enough, it bounced off a stump and went everywhere, except on me. So Mason started running and i shot him in the ass about 4 times.

And whoever thought getting shot in the bum multiple times is painful, try getting hit about 10 times in back of head, point blank, which hurts, as my friend Zane found out. :eek:
  9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Feh on paintball - try Airsoft! My AEGs (automatic electric guns - full auto!) (pictures lifted from the web):

Marui FN P90TR. I dumped the silly-ass silencer from mine on eBay and added a Walther open frame red dot.

Marui HK "MC51" with full stock modification.

Can you tell I like Tokyo Marui products? This is the one I want next:

Marui G36c. Cool gun!

Airsoft is great for gaming - the welts aren't any worse than paintball. It's all on the honor system, since there's no paint.

Red Wolf Airsoft is a great place to learn about AEGs and Airsoft in general.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea me and my friends do airsoft. It is much cleaner than paintball :p Although you can get little paintballs for airsoft as well.
  11. pshhh airsoft is for children...
    i always get in arguements with people with airsoft, and theyre always sayin. "Dude, airsoft hurts like anything!" .....just look at the name airsoft...soft....
    sure, it may be the cheaper alternative, and the guns look like real guns, which makes the sport look even more real, making even more worried mothers condemn it, but ive tried both and paintball is more fun.
    and as for good looking, check out this marker
  12. TurboRawker

TurboRawker Guest

Oct 23, 2003
    So. Car.
    I played and then I started debate and my weekends were occupied.

I have a '99 'Cocker with a bunch of goodies
    JT Flex 7 Ize mask

I have some other stuff, I'm think about getting back into pb, but I might sell my current gun and go stock class.
  13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    When I was in HS I bought one of those starter kits at Wal-Mart. Me and my friends all got together and and played a few games in some woods behind my house. It was not fun. It was so hot my mask kept fogging up and sweat kept getting in my eyes. Sometimes the paintballs wouldn't bust when they hit and it really hurt!!!! It was like getting pegged with a marble going 70 mph. I still remember the bruises.

So we decided to do something else with the paintball guns. We would ride around at night shooting cars and houses. Too much fun :D . I even shot a school bus at a red light once. After a while we got cocky with it. Me and my friend John would knock on people's doors at like 4 or 5 in the morning and shoot at them when they answered the door. Pretty darn stupid now that I think about it.
    One time we shot a guy riding his bicycle. I actually feel bad for that one.
  14. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    See, this is why those starter kits being sold at Wal-Mart is a bad idea. Idiots like this guy and his friends get them and use them to piss everybody off.

I'm sorry somebody didn't shoot back at you with a real gun.
  15. Amen... Airsoft is FUN, better than paintball.

Pros and Cons...

Airsoft you dont have to wear all that crappy armor
    Airsoft, the guns look real... sorta
    You can play almost anywhere
    And the equipment is alittle cheaper
    +full autos, semi-autos, full scale guns, etc...

16. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    paintball is for wussies!

Airsoft > paintball

No its not my gear yet... but it will be soon:p

(paint ball isnt bad... i like playing it... just airsoft is 10x better)

[​IMG] not my but COOL thing never the less... i shot it once:p

[​IMG] < ya thats it:p but i maybe want small fully automatic mac10 type of sidearm:p

17. flury

May 21, 2004
    My setup. I used to play every week now Im lucky to get out once a month.