1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paintballing injuries (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, May 6, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    SORRY, im really tired and i just realised i posted this in the wrong section, mods please can you move it to off topic

It was my birthday on monday (im 14!! woo :D)

so i went paintballing with 5 friends, i seem to be able to get shot and not get huge bruises that swell up.

however there was this D day style game zone with a landing craft and some huts, i was defending one of these and someone opened a window from the outside, i shot at him from very close and i think i got him, but he got me aswell

I cut the right index finger(trigger finger) off my armoured gloves, and guess what?

woosh! point blank shot to my right index finger.:bawl:

heres a picture, its all swollen up and its hard to play any instruments(im using my other 2 fingers, which may be good for practice)

its hard to type, and do other things
    also a piece of nail is coming off

the picture doesnt to it justice :D

[​IMG]

still, paintballing is very fun

2. paintballjunkie

paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    Indiana
    pfft. paintball sucks...

3. fod

fod

Nov 18, 2005
    Louisivlle Kentucky
    awww come on, that is nothing to some of the stuff we have done when playing paintball. for example i have one friend who must be cursed because he has now gotten hit three times in the testicles, twice within 15 to 20 feet and the third time from a gun shootign slightly hot at abotu 50 feet. now that is pain!

4. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Cursed? Try sterile, and cursed.

5. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    paintballing rocks, I think I pinched a nerve in my neck or something though. not much fun...

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Maybe wear some gloves next time?

7. Yeah, gloves are good. And don't cut the fingertips off :rolleyes:

First time I played I wore my "IronClad" gloves and boy I'm glad I did, shot 3 times in the fingers.

I LOVE paintball, such a rush. It's been too long since I last played.

p.s. - That injury ain't much. Worst shot I've taken was from literally about 6" away (city type field) to the forearm. It was swollen up to a huge welt by the time I got to the dead zone, and I now have a circle-shaped scar :D Pretty cool hahah.

(Getting shot in the neck isn't fun either :meh: )

8. Ain't nothing wrong with cutting the tips off the index and middle finger. I've come home with a couple dozen welts on me. I'll try to find some shots of tourney guys that have gotten shot up pretty bad. Nothing gruesome, but tons of welts.

9. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I dont seem to bruise nearly as much as anyone else i went with.
    I mean i got shot just as much, it just doesnt swell up and go all red. So even though i got totally battered i couldent show off for the "best injury" award

one of my friends got the "best rambo" award and he got half price entry for 10 people the next time we go. So it looks like were going again soon.

10. Pffft. It's just a finger. You have 9 others.

Rock on
    Eric

11. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Armored Gloves? Sheesh. When I used to play, it was mask, t-shirt, cargo pants. We don't need no stinking gloves. :)

12. I never played paintball. I've shot a paintball gun, but never had an organized match. I wanna try it though, a friend of mine lives upstate in the mountains, it would be a killer spot for a game.

13. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I played competitively a few times. I never really got lit up too bad, but I remember getting shot in the arse as one of the more painful times of getting hit. The adrenaline rush of paintball is second to none, IMO. :) Sorry about your finger, but as Eric said, you have 9 more. :D

Oh the reason I stopped: Cost of paint. When you're shooting an electronic gun (Smart Parts Impulse, for the die-hards out there) paint tends to get pretty expensive. 1000 round games were common for me as a mid-player.

2000 round case = $100 at some fields. :eek:

AuG

14. OMG you have the biggest thumb I've ever seen! :eek:

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Amateur. I've taken so many shots to the fingers I don't even care anymore ;)

Seriously, that's probably the 2nd most painful place to get shot. I've been shot in the throat and I think the fingers hurt more.

16. Paintball is for men who can't think, they can only shoot. Tactical airsoft is TOTALLY where its at:D

Actually I'm quite into both. But yeah, I'm not very protected out there. I never wear gloves (I'm too cheap to buy them), or armour. I wear baggy as hell pants, under armour, a t-shirt, a jacket, and a mask. The mask is the only real protection I've got on. I've taken shots to just about everywhere (yes there too), and I have to say, getting shot in the fingers does hurt alot. In paintball you generally just end up with some swelling and a bruise. In airsoft you get blood blisters. Both kill.

17. The inside of the thigh and behind the ear have been the worst places for me.

Rock on
    Eric

18. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Oooo I forgot about the inside of the thigh. Ouch. I'm lucky I was never hit in the neck, and even if I was, I wore a neck protector that I already had for hockey. I was shot in the fingers once (between the index and middle, not a direct hit) and it didn't really hurt that bad from what I remember. Most of the fellas I paintballed with shot some pretty brittle paint, usually the tourny paint for electro guns with extremely low operating pressures.

Ahhhh fun times. :)

AuG

19. I think it's well established around these parts that I'm a huge fan of airsoft.

Paintballing is fun, but the guns are too clunky for me, what with all those canisters and the big bladder on the top. I prefer the more streamlined airsofts, myself. :p