1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Painted or Nonpainted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nightsblood, Nov 3, 2006.

1. This might belong in the luthiers section but, most guys here have probably done this before so......

Im in the market for a Spector Euro 5 and I want to add a little color to my collection but, I tried a Euro 5 in the black cherry today and man, that necks got alot of finish on it. Made it seem very tacky. Question, Ive been told you can rub the neck with steel wool and it will smooth it out and make it fast ands slick, is this correct? And if so, how much better would it be? Or should I just stick with the natural Spectors?

2. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    that might impact on the resell value. I'd stick with natural. I prefer natural anyway. Maybe you can get a natural neck for your spector? I know for a Warwick, it's a no-no, unless the neck is broken, they won't sell you a neck alone.

3. The Euro Lx is a neck thru design so, another neck is not an option. I didnt think about resale. You gots a point!

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    and you'll be far more likely to resell it if you DON'T make the neck feel how you want it to. Catch-22.

I say do it. if it makes the bass play better then it's a good thing (tm).