Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Painted Poles?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by luknfur, Dec 21, 2005.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Wasn't that long ago I mentioned painted poles on a pup in a thread and I think these may be some. To my knowledge, they're no exposured pole EMG HZ40's. Anybody know off the cuff for sure? Maybe cool instead with TB icons like :spit: Sort of the Joe Cocker front row effect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LTD-c-304-bass-...7376092669QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oops, another? How bout a touch of blue on this one :rollno:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALDEN-Jupit...7375346925QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Which brings up another thought. I can't think of any active pups with exposed Poles off the top of my head. Anybody?

Makes me wonder if they're painting any of the poles on pups with exposed poles to match the covers to make them look like soaps.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    EMG makes those pickups especially for ESP. They DO have exposed poles.

3. Mika

Mika Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Why's this thread in Amps?

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Because I screwed up. Thought I'd posted it in pups forum. Needs to be moved.

5. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Most of the girls I know prefer a chromed pole. It's smoother for sliding on and easier to keep clean. They wipe it down with Windex about every third girl.

6. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I dated a painted pole once... :bassist:

7. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    "Oooo-ooooh, feeling fine, Mama
    Painted poles and a bottle of wine, Mama
    Oooo-ooooh, feelin' good, Mama
    They took my money like I knew they would
    La la la la laaaaa la la..."

Brought to you by the Early 70s Music Defense League

8. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Hey, I'm interested in snagging a pair used if they're real EMGs and not HZs. Do you know which?

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  10. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Any actives with exposed poles come to mind to anybody?

None have come to mind yet to me but I'm assuming these Schallers actually are. The Schaller poles looked real. The HZ's looked painted to me, greyed out and almost see the pigment. Really suprised they were real.

Different seeing poles on EMG's - of any kind. Seems like the poles in the actives are blades.