painting my avatar cab....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mandobass, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey i remember someone mentioning that they painted his avatar grill silver...and i saw the pic and it looked great.

how do you go about this?

regular ol can of paint and brush and just be meticulous? or can you take the grill off and spray paint it?

2. Then you can stencil in "SWR" on the upper left corner.

...Or just buy a round SWR logo badge and glue it on.
  3. Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC

i just think they look bland all black, and the contrast of silver would look purty
  4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

I'd say take it off and spray it. No matter what, take it off of the cab ;)
  5. Better yet,
    take then grill off and have it chrome plated.
    should cost less then $50.
  6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
  7. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    spray paint would work fine on it. I've done several grills like that. as long as you don't soak it and do light, even coats.
    I've considered taking mine off and painting it a metallic blue or gold. The little Avatar label is just hot-glued on and it could be put back on real easy.

if you paint it, post a pic so we can check it out!
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    or you could have it powder coated...that would be tres cool. otherwise, take it off and hit it with a rattle can.
  9. Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Definitely! thanks for the replies everyone...

i think ill be checking into some exotic spray paints as my wallet cannot afford a 1x15 and extra chrome for both cabs...

i will definitely get my hands on a friends digital camera this week and post some pics if i get this job done.

ive never really checked out the grill...does it come off easily?

thanks !

10. Sworn

Feb 27, 2003
    So Cal
    there should be no problem taking the grill off. Just take out the screws along the sides holding it on. Also you should just put masking tape over the avatar logo to keep that safe.