1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Painting the Amp Grill?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CauliColin, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I am wanting to remove the grill from my amp and spray paint it with something. I am just wanting to remove the screws to take it off. Shouldn't cause too much hassle, right?

2. Oh! It's a Peavey Max 110.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

4. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    One thing to consider: The paint will NEVER stick as good as the original powdercoat. I painted mine black over the original gray, and about every year or so I give it a nice once over to touch it up.

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yeah, I have to touch up mine every now and then too. One thing that will help....strip off old powdercoat----spray with primer----wet sand with 400 grit paper----spray color----bake in oven.

It's a little tougher but you'll have to touch it up now and then if you take this thing places, gig regularly, etc. A little 110 combo you keep at home you could just spray paint and not do all the extra prep.

6. Cool, thanks! My friend has some spray paint which I can use, but I am not expecting it to last forever anyway!