1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Pair 1967 Jensen 15" Concert Vibranto bass speakers, great vintage upgrade replacement

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by OldSchool50, Jul 14, 2020.

1. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Connecticut
    Price:
    Here is a pair of rare 15' vintage Jensen "Concert Vibranto Series" bass speakers from 1967. Each is 8 ohms, rated for 100 watts, professionally reconed to original specs and not used since except to test in my '66 Ampeg B15. These were top-of the line Jensens at the time, with monster 3.6 lbs. alnico magnets, and 2” voice coil.

Typically used as warranty repair speakers or store upgrades for Fender amps around 1966 and 67. Excellent vintage upgrades for Fenders, Ampeg B-15's and other amps rated at 100 watts or lower. Ideal for double bass use or keyboard as well. I tried them in my B15 and extension cabinet and to my ear they sound every bit as good as the JBL it came with.

They were reconed as a pair by Butch at Rhode Island Music Service, whose reputation is stellar in these parts. While the original vintage appeal may be lost, these will give a very long future life of vintage tone. Both speakers are LM1 152, C8505. Date codes are 220739 and 220740, made in 1967, one in week 39, the other week 40. Dimensions are 15 1/8 wide, 8 1/8 deep, with a 13 ¼ baffle opening.

Looking for $290 for the pair, plus actual shipping. Will ship separately. I might break up the pair, $150 each. Will be carefully individually packed. Conus only, Paypal OK.

If I find the right empty vintage cabinet (s), I might just keep them. PM me any questions. Vibranto magnet.jpg Vibranto full.jpg Vibranto pair.jpg Vibranto codes.jpg Vibranto code 2.jpg Vibranto connectors.jpg Vibranto pair up.jpg Vibranto 1 up.jpg Vibranto 2 up.jpg Vibranto coil.jpg

dusterdan70 and 60bass like this.
  2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Are you sure that 100 watt rating isn't peak instead of the way we do things now, RMS power handling?

OldSchool50 likes this.
  3. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Connecticut
    Good question that I can't answer. My info is from this chart showing all the specs for the Vibranto line.These two are in the top listing, showing 100 under "Power Watts." Others may be able to offer some insight on this question. But as the chart shows, these are among the most powerful in the VIbranto line.

Attached Files:

4. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Yes, that is peak power, not RMS. Many moons ago, I had one in a silver face Fender 1X15 cabinet driven by a silver face Bassman 50. It blew up. OTOH, I used to have four of the 12-inch Vibrantos in a tall Bassman diagonal baffle cabinet, modded to a sealed cab, driven by a Marshall 2203 for guitar playing. 100 watts divided by four was like driving four Celestion Greenbacks. Those four speakers sang very well, indeed, with each only seeing 25 "real" watts.