Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pair of 1x10s (like halves of a Goliath Jr)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BillyB_from_LZ, Aug 5, 2004.

1. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Here's a pair of 1x10 SWR Goliath inspired bass cabinets. Each one is essentially half of a Goliath II Jr. with the port moved to the front.

PAS 10 in. woofer, SWR inspired 18 dB/octave crossover, Foster tweeter in a carpet covered, compact enclosure. Each one measures 12 by 17 by 16 in (h x w x d) and weighs about 30 lbs. The box is made from 1/2 and 3/4 in. plywood.

The grille is formed expanded metal (like the II series SWRs, Acmes, etc), painted satin black.

The input cup features one Speakon and one 1/4 in jack. A tweeter level control is included.

The cabinet is protected with black carpet, has plastic stackable corner protectors and a single strap handle. The woofers are mounted with machine screws and Tee-nuts.

The lows are quite impressive for such small cabinets... They're in near perfect condition (one has a little glue overspray on the carpet on the back), functionally they're mint and have never been out of my non-smoking, pet-free home.

They're 8 ohm cabinets and I believe the PAS' are rated 150 (or 175) watts each.

I'm asking $280 for the pair plus shipping. If you're interested, please send me a PM or an email and we'll work something out.

I welcome any and all questions.

I have lots of eBay and TalkBass references...

Sorry for the blurry picture of the back, I'll post another of the back of one of them (borrowed camera).

Thanks for looking!!!!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Here are some single pictures to show the back more clearly and an enhanced photo of the front to show the tweeter (upper right) and port (lower right).

3. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    If they are UNDER 30 pounds each and can handle a 4-string (only) bass through a 600-watt, Mesa M-2000 (never pushed to extreme volumes) - I think you have them sold!

I sent you a PM also.

Bob

4. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    PM already sent back...thanks!!!

5. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sold...to Bass-only!!!!