1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pairing pup with Dimarzio DP120 model one

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ripper75, May 2, 2019.

1. I'm not very knowledged on how pickups work so please excuse the ignorance here but I'm curious if anyone has paired another pup with a model one. I have a DP120 model one in my bass and I like the low/bottom end tones but not getting quite the clarity and mids-highs i want so i'm considering putting another pup in with it... the model one is currently in the neck placement so what i'm pairing with it would go in the bridge position. this bass is a gibson ripper if that matters (it was obviously modified to just have the single pup). Ripper pup replacements are too expensive so i'm trying to figure out what might work with the model one thats in there now. i would get a luthier to add another pup cuz i don't know what i'm doing, but i really dont know what would pair well with it to get some punchy/clear mids... another option is just to replace the model one with a better pup(Guild DS-1?) but again i really do like the beefy lows i'm getting with the DP120, just need a bit more definition...or is this something you think I can just dial in on my amp? i play it thru an ampeg V4 with a 2x15" cab. thnx

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020