Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pairing the SVT-410HLF with something else

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by babyhuey, Oct 10, 2005.

1. babyhuey

babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    AR
    I have a SVT-410HLF in transit to me right now. I'm thinking of adding another cabinet to my setup later on. What would make a good pairing with the 410? I want something portable so i was thinking about the SVT-15e but since its 8ohm and only able to take 400watts, it may not make a good pair.
    The power amp I'll be using is a RMX 1850HD. Can I push uneven loads like that? What are your thoughts?

BTW, I just got my first bass setup. SVP-Pro, SVT-410HLF, QSC RMX 1850HD, and a Lakland 55-01. All of which are still in transit! :hyper:

2. babyhuey

babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    AR
    Shameful bump.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I've been pairing my Schroeder 1210 with my SVT410HLF. It's a cool mix, both are full sounding, but the Schroeder is clearer and the Ampeg is muddier.

4. babyhuey

babyhuey

Sep 16, 2005
    AR
    Thanks abark000, I haven't heard anything bad about Schroeder cabs.

I got my SVT-410HLF in today and realized it didn't have skid rails. I'm thinking skid rails will make it much easier to move up and down stairs. Does anyone know where I can purchase such things for a 4x10 cab?

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to pair my SVT410HLF with another SVT410HLF. Driving 2 of those cabs with an SVT4 Pro=serious volume and low end. IMHO, the 410HLF puts out enough lows on its own that adding a 15" is unnecessary.

YMMV, of course. :)

6. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I might mention that the SVT-410HLF is a 4 ohm cabinet, so if you pair it with another cabinet, you will not be able to do that in bridge mono.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Oops, shoulda mentioned that. :oops: