Paker Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JHMAVRO, Sep 2, 2000.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Does anybody know if there gonna be putting out a bass any time ??????
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The only person in the world who owns a Parker Bass is Steve Swallow.

I don't think there's enough demand to justify building them as a regular product line. Great guitars, though.

Will C.:cool:
  3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    All right, BW, I'll bite: I know it's Portuguese but the closest I can guess is "There'll never be a last juice because it's not the singer's fault"... but that didn't hsve anything to do with bass.

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Last I heard...they have delayed, indefinitely...any plans for a production bass.....AGAIN.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

That means "Rolling on the floor, laughing my arse off with tears coming out of my eyes". I saw someone else had a variation on the acronym and I thought this would be a good occasion to show mine.

Anyway, the translation actually is:

"There will be a final judgement (aka, armageddon) because nobody is guilty alone".

I should add that it loses some in the translation.

I was wondering who'd be the first to mention it, but I didn't think it would be in the Basses forum...

Will C.:cool:
  6. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    This thread has a very Joyce-ian feel to it...weird. ;)

Anyway, yeah, I've heard all the same stuff about Parker Basses, but I know I'd buy one...I think the guitars are fantastic, and a bass intrigues me to no end...

Don't know what kind of demand they need to start production, but here's my vote for 1.

7. Yeah, I've been waiting for that Parker Fly bass to come out ever since BP reviewed the prototype in the '92 Buyer's Guide.. OOPS!
  8. MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    I am personal friends with someone hi up at Korg.(they distribute Marshall and Parker).I asked him this about 8 months ago,and got a "wouldnt sell enough to justify production"answer.
    I would use his name ,but not without asking him first.