1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Palmer Roots effects - anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by manchild, Oct 6, 2013.

1. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Hi guys,

Has anyone have any experience with the above brand?

In particular the overdrive (made for guitar but has a cleans boost):

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en...ERDRIVE-Distortion-effect-for-guitar-PEOD.htm

and the bass fuzz:

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/Products/Bass-Effects/BAZZ-Fuzz-effect-for-bass-PEBAZ.htm

I like the sound of the fuzz - bit different to the muff sound, even seems to sound like an OD when it is tamed back.

Would the overdrive give out a true clean bass signal even though it is designed for bass?

Thanks.

2. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Can anyone tell me if the buffered signal from the clean blend on the overdrive pedal, will rob your bottom end due to being designed for guitar?

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I haven't tried the Palmer line yet, but you'll want to be sure you're asking about that specific pedal, not assuming anything about "buffers designed for guitar" in general. :)

4. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    I've played with the bass fuzz. Liked it better than my Sublime but think I've decided to get the new Source Audio pedal instead. All Palmer gear is top notch IMHO.

5. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah Id be worried about the overdrive being unsuitable as its a guitar pedal.

Also the line seems to come with a input pad. Does this mean that you could limit the input signal and cause the fuzz to 'clean up' even more than gain on zero???

:)

6. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    A pad doesn't "limit" the signal, it just cuts the level by a fixed amount.

7. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Thats what I was meaning by limit :p lol

Would this cause it to clean up further the same way that lowering the guitars volume can?

8. Palmer Germany

Palmer Germany

Oct 18, 2013
    Hey guys thanks for the discussion! Are you aware of the PEBUT - ├╝bertreiber pedal from Palmer ?
    This is basically a PEOD but optimized for bass - so good bottom end

9. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Hi Palmer, thanks for coming to Talkbass. You need better distribution in the West! Very few of your pedals are available in the US.