1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pan knob question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Insomnia_Junkie, Aug 11, 2005.

1. My pan knob plays good to one side and to the other sounds different but when I put it in the center for both pickups the volume drops WAY down almost unuduble whats wrong?

-thanks =)

2. What make/model bass is it?

Sounds very similar to a problem I had with my ESP LTD bass.
    Good output at either side of the blend, but very low at center. It turns out that ESP had made a mod to correct this problem by replacing an original 500k ohm "linear" taper pot (single layer)with a 250k ohm "audio" taper pot (dual layer). After contacting them, they sent me the replacement at no charge and it fixed my problem.

Just a thought.
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electro...meters_and_push-pull_pots/4/Control_Pots.html

Mag...

3. Sounds like maybe the pickups are wired out of phase? When they're exactly even, they tend to cancel each other's signal out.

Randy

4. It's a Traben but it's wierd like sometimes it can be loud and other you can barely hear it but I usually play on either ends and never in the middle, but even if they did send a replacement part i wouldn't even know or where to start installing it.