Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pan knob question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Insomnia_Junkie, Aug 11, 2005.

1. My pan knob plays good to one side and to the other sounds different but when I put it in the center for both pickups the volume drops WAY down almost unuduble whats wrong?

-thanks =)

2. What make/model bass is it?

Sounds very similar to a problem I had with my ESP LTD bass.
    Good output at either side of the blend, but very low at center. It turns out that ESP had made a mod to correct this problem by replacing an original 500k ohm "linear" taper pot (single layer)with a 250k ohm "audio" taper pot (dual layer). After contacting them, they sent me the replacement at no charge and it fixed my problem.

Just a thought.
    http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electro...meters_and_push-pull_pots/4/Control_Pots.html

Mag...

3. Sounds like maybe the pickups are wired out of phase? When they're exactly even, they tend to cancel each other's signal out.

Randy

4. It's a Traben but it's wierd like sometimes it can be loud and other you can barely hear it but I usually play on either ends and never in the middle, but even if they did send a replacement part i wouldn't even know or where to start installing it.