Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Panda got his Pbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Panda Licker, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Well, actually, a Jazzbass.

As a few of you know, I was on the lookout for something Pbassish. I was looking at Warmoths, Laklands, Fenders, lots of stuff. Well today I walked into a music go round for a set of straplocks for my G&L when what do I see? A pink beauty! A Fender MIJ Jazz Special. It has the pickups I wanted, the neck I wanted, and the small frets I love. So I picked it up and played. And played. And played some more until I started to feel like I was camping for way too long. Then I looked at the pricetag expecting atleast a $500 bill (Even though the finish is a little beat up). But no. $330. I asked the guy to hold it for me for an hour, to give me time to finish the rest of my shopping and to think about it. Well an hour passed and I was still all for it. So I bought it, its mine. Took her home, cleaned up the bridge and headstock, and restrung it (With the same strings it came with. The strings were brand new but were put on pretty bad)

Here she is :
    [​IMG]

more pictures after I own it long enough to do a decent review (And after my camera stops being antagonistic)

2. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Looks really nice.
    I actually like the "dirty pink" finish.

3. Are those Seymour Duncan basslines pups? Because those definately don't look like standard Fender pickups.

4. I cant say I'm sure. Doesn't say Seymour Duncan or SD anywhere on them. The Clerk at MusicGoRound didn't have a whole lot of information on it.

5. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

What's up with Music-Go-Round and the pastel-colored Fenders? :eyebrow:

I was visiting Chicago a couple of weeks ago and ran across a Fender "PowerJazz"(?) that was a pastel blue/green? Like yours, I thought it was a bit ... different ... but I'm actually digging the pink!

It's cool in a funky kinda offbeat way -- (I'm a sucker for basses you don't see everyday) -- nice score! :D

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    The Jazz Specials came with pickups that look a lot like todays Duncan's Quarter Pounders. They sounded pretty good on the one's that I've played.

Nice score on the bass! :bassist:

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Now when a GNR or Velvet Revolver song comes on, you can strap on your new bass and rock like Duff! Nice score, dude! Great price, too. That bass ought to last you a lifetime.