Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pandora.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chrix, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    For those of you that have not yet to discover this gem of a website, direct your browser to www.pandora.com. It's part of the Music Genome project and it's quite brilliant if I do say so myself.

The idea is to give them a song or artist that you like, then they take this information and find other music that has similar qualities for your listening (and hopefully researching and ultimately purchasing) pleasure.

I must admit that I had the urge to try and stump this program (trying searches for the likes of Jabbo Smith, Dwayne Eubanks) but ultimately, it's a heck of a resource if you're looking for some new, fresh material that might be slightly under your radar.

Sadly, they do not have any classical or world music available as of yet (too much of it, but they say they're working on it). But for jazz/rock/pop/everything else, it's quite handy.

Enjoy!

2. Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

3. Wow, very cool. I think this deserves a bump.

4. Thanks for the heads up Chrix. Unfortunately it's only legally available in the USA :(