Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pandora is great!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by adisu, Feb 14, 2006.

1. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Hi guys.
    Haven't been in the OT forum for a while so i hope i'm not making athread somebody already posted.

I just bumped into this amazing website called pandora.
    It's a website that let's you create your own "radio" play list based on a band or song name you give them and guiding you give them later.

Not so clear...
    O.k. let me explain....
    In the site you choose to create a new "station".
    The name of the station will be the artist or song name that you will type in the search field and that will be the general genre of this station you created.
    The site will give you the first song that you chose (if it finds it) and if it's an artist it will give a random song of his.
    When the song finish it will automatically move to the next song which will be from a random artist of the same genre (you can move to the next song even before the current song playing is finished).

Now the cool things:
    By clicking on the album image you get a menu window opened and over there You can see why the site chose this specific song for you?
    You can vote for the song or against it (then the song get kicked out of your playlist and it moves to the next song).
    On this menu you can also go online to itunes and buy the song or to amazon and by the album (if available).

They have lot's of lot's of tunes on there website and i thing it's wonderful because not only that you can find lots of music and bands on genres you like it's also agreat place for advertising less famous bands plus hand you have a link to buy the album or tunes and it might decrease the illegal downloads of music.

Anyway i talk and talk and talk ,why don't you check it for yourself.
    http://www.pandora.com/

Enjoy!!! :)

Adi.

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Yeah, a couple of people have posted it, it's pretty neat. The only thing is, to sign up you give them permission to give out your info to Everyone.
    I still hit it now and again, I just won't sign up.

3. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    I never check those things out...i always sign very quickly...got to improve this one...
    On the other hand what can they possibly do with the info i gave them???

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah it's cool. But they keep playing the same songs on several of my staions.

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Cool, but not perfect.

And this should be in misc. :bag: :D

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, Pandora has been talked about before.

As for the signing up...I am signed up and haven't received any extra spam because of it. Geez guys, its just an e-mail address. :rolleyes: You can always create a yahoo or hotmail account just for Pandora you know.

7. Pandora is excellent, as is last.fm

truly cool, and "free enough" to get some good suggestions. My band, the curtain society is on Pandora.

8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    That's just too cool. :cool: Even TB members are getting their music exposed through it. :bassist:

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    It's a little more than that,but, it's free and nothing is really free. I was in the data collection business. We had large files on people and businesses that didn't even know we exsisted. I'm just a private person, I won't even let the grocery store track what I buy.
    BTW, they installed a cookie even w/o my permission.

10. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Hey AxtoOx.
    Aren't you a little bit radical??? :meh:

It seems like you've seen the movie "Enemy of the state" with will smith one too many times. :ninja:

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nah, if I was radical, I would be an activist against it.:) Suspisious yes.
    Haven't seen the movie, just worked in the industry.:)

12. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Got ya!!! Cool!!! ;) ;)

13. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yes, I'm sure they track a lot of things. You don't have to give people real info for many free e-mail accounts. Cookies, use a standard cleaning program and with one click, their gone! I'm paranoid but... :eek:

I'm not going to get to worked up about it unless you can point out something that will scare me! :p

14. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nothing to be scared about, just a personal thing I have due to my background, I'm a gun collector, the FBI knows alllllll about me.:) I'm not affraid of "Big Brother", I don't like little twit having my info.