Pandora PX4B vs. the PX4D...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by whackdoodle, Nov 8, 2005.

1. whackdoodle

Nov 2, 2005
    Has anyone been able to compare these two Pandora units... the older, bass-specific PX4B vs. the new, guitar/bass combo PX4D?

The only review that I can find on the new "D" says that it suffers from trying to do too much.
  2. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I've only looked at it but I suspect that your assumption is probably correct.

Anyone that liked the separate PX4's will immediately notice that several of the options they got used to being there are now missing, largely I suppose because they just couldn't fit all the separate guitar/bass amp options onto one dial.

My preference would be sticking with the instrument specific units as I have a strong suspicion that Korg is simply trying to market one item to cover two markets as opposed to thinking about customer needs. :oops:
  3. teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    The last PX unit I had was the PX2, so I'm not familiar with either the B or D models. I do know that I like options -- the more, the better.
  4. Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Hi, I just wanted to ask if I can loop some bass chords over a given rythm and then solo over them? Would the loop be complete[for example 4 bars]?

Probably someone explained that before, but I'd like to heave it written black on white in one sentence.:p It is the only way I want to use the Pandora - Recording chords for myself and playing over the loop (Loop, not a fragement of music repeating after 32 seconds - I want it to be neatly looped.), so I would be kind of... unhappy if it couldn't do that.:help:
  5. JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    i have the new one thats just for bass and my grilsfreidns brother has the combo one....the combo one has a few more drumbeats and more effects..howver i;d say a good 90% of the effects that are different from the ones on teh bass specific one are just some form of distortion...honestly they are both good...mine has drastically helped my playing from w hen i started and im sure either one will give you simlar results...if you're thnking about getting one i'd give you a thumbs up to eitehr model..they are both nice....also the guitar/bass one has a feature where you can set the drumbeat and instead of making a bassline to it...there are pre-set basslines.....there are also a few other features but i guess just do soem research
  6. JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    you can do that with the "Jam" feature...when you record onyl the instrument i find that after the 32 seconds there is alittle pause that messes up the timing...but when you use the jam feature.....picking a drum beat and doing a basslien over loops in perfect time..then while its looping you can selct different effects, change your EQ and other stuff to solo
  7. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, this works. I always record with the rhythm track, so i've never experienced any kind of messed up timing. It loops perfectly. Unfortunately, the loop recording quality sucks. But it's perfectly adequate for laying down a chord vamp then jamming on top of it. It's too bad, because the presets sound really good for a unit this size/price.

Btw, I only have the px4b so no chance to a/b against the px4d.
  8. Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Thanks! I guess I'm getting one. :)
  9. kas_lar

Jan 12, 2005
    Hi, do the unit save or erase the thing you've recorded within the 32 sec when you turn the power off?
    And what's the possibilities of slowing down a mp3 player to 50%?