Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pandora's Box: Can you loop live with it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Bass Player Mag gave it a great write up but it (or the Korg website) didn't answer this question:

I know that you can record a loop and play over it, but can you do it live. If I prerecord a loop, but the band is playing a slightly different tempo, I won't be able to use the prerecorded loop for a solo.

Can I record a loop live and then begin to play over it? If I can, does the thing come with a foot switch or can one be purchased to facilitate the live environment?

confused: :confused

Thanks in advance for your replies.::

2. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    The pandora is definitely not good for that kind of thing. Not at all. It is cool, don't get me wrong, but I'd say it is only good for practicing and stuff.

If you're just looking for something to loop with live, I think the Akai Headrush is pretty cool, and there are a bunch of others that are good too.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Its definitely a practice tool only, no footswitch, and it outputs in stereo. If you just put a guitar cable for the output, you will miss half of the imaging to your amp.

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Thanks guys.

I'm probably going to get one anyway. I like a lot of the practice features it has.

I'll have to look at other gaggetts to loop with.

thanks,

Bob