Pantera - Walk

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Jun 3, 2005.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey all,

I feel a little wierd asking for a tab, because I've always been an ear guy, but this song has me completely stumped. I've honestly played Jaco songs that haven't given me as much trouble as this thing. Actually, the song is easy; it's the bassline under the solo that I don't get. The glisses are off the wall and the bass is so low in the mix I can't figure it out. I know there's movement happening, but I can't decipher what notes. My band covers this, and I fake my way through the solo every weekend (it's only three chords).

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've checked out the tab here, but I'm skeptical about it's correctness. I even have the tabs out of Guitar World and they are completely wrong (yeah, even the tabs are completely wrong in a legit magizine).

We're not a heavy band, but people love Pantera, so we learned it. I wish we learned I'm Broken or 5 Minutes Alone, instead. :p
  2. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  3. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Pick, what's up? Long time, no see.

Thanks for the tab, but it's the same one that's at this tab archive.
  4. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I had to learn this tune and agree the bass is low in the mix.

I cut the solo part out of the .wav, boosted the low end then I time expanded it so I could absorb the bassine.

Hope this helps,