Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

para acoustic DI --> I am happiness

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joninjapan, Mar 17, 2005.

1. joninjapan

joninjapan

Aug 13, 2003
    Tokyo, Japan
    It has been discussed before, but I finally got mine. Originally for my Takamine 12 string g**tar(which sounds amazing), but I was hoping it would do the job for my Tacoma 5 string fretless bass. It does!!!!

Maybe the best review I heard was: "it sounds just like my guitar, only louder." That was what I wanted from my Tacoma and that is what I got.
    Why did I wait so long to buy it????

One more bonus, my p-bass sounds even better too :hyper:

2. Sweet, how's the overdrive sounding for you?

3. Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers Left is Right

Feb 26, 2005
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Best discovery I've made reading this board. People were talking up the Baggs Para Acoustic as a bass preamp/DI. I've had one for more than a year as an acoustic DI and never played the bass through it! Sounds great! Very nice clean tones with my P-bass and flats. Extremely useful tone shaping. Cheap.

Since it's usually in use for acoustic, I have not been using it for my bass much. I could just buy another, but I think I'm going to aim a bit higher. I just got a FMR RNP as a mic preamp. The bass sounds even better through that, but there isn't any tone shaping capabilitiy. One of these days I'll find an Avalon U5 at the right price.

4. rbachman

rbachman

Jan 26, 2005
    I am a fairly new bass player, actually it's my 3rd month. I was an acoustic player (Taylor 314ce). I had used the Baggs Para Acoustic DI for a number of years.

I got a "Lefty" Rogue Hofner copy violin bass and I have it going to the Baggs DI and then to a mixerboard for our band night and it is working wonderful. It has lots of tone shaping possiblilities!!!

I'm very happy with it :hyper: :hyper: