Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paranormal investigations.. (well paranormal in general)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Hey yall.
    I got this idea from my UFO thread. i wanted to know if any of yall have ever gone on paranormal investigations?? or if you even believe in that stuff.
    Im going to check out this place down the road from me. It used to be a cemetary but it was moved across the road into the woods.(Small family cemetary from late 1890s-1920s, before the town i live in was even established. Everytime I go past this place I feel horrified. Its like i feel something is going on thats sorta evil or else im being watched. It always smells bad too like a dead animal.
    Im gonna go snap some pics of where the graveyard used to be to see if i could get any orbs or anything. Ill post em up here if anybody wants, but i wanna know if anybodys had expierence with this. How did you go about getting the pictures??

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..were those 'T' and 'S' letters accidental typing errors? ;)

Yeah post the pictures please :D

Once myself and a group of freinds hung around teh courtyard of a local manor (massive mansion) after hearing rhumors of hauntings. After about 2 hours we left though, unfortunalty seeing nothing really strange.

3. Did a google search for you (photographing paranormal events) and came up with this page: Ghost Hunting 101 :)

Not that I'm into these things, but It's good fun!

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I've not ever been on a paranormal investigation - but yeah I believe in the paranormal.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think in this country, we would have a different definition - "investigation" = kids mucking about!! ;)

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    So important it was worth saying twice, eh, Bruce? :D

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"And I would have gotten away with it too; if it hadn't've been for those pesky kids!! " ;)

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hahahaha! I was just thinking a Scooby-Doo reference was in order, too...

9. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Are they ghost pirates, or pirate ghosts?

That's a great place to research paranormal stuff.

Don't use a digital camera with a flash, as those tend to pick up tons and tons of random floating debris that are NOT orbs.

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'd be interested in seeing some pictures. My school is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the state. One of our customers at work does that kind of investigative stuff for a living. He always leaves a few guitars with us for safe keeping. He's come in with bruises and cuts and such all over his body from encountering things he said weren't too friendly. He's helped solve murders and find missing bodies and all. He's been gone about 3 months now, and that's kinda odd. He's usually only gone at most a few weeks.

11. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Well i didn't get to go today. *frown*
    It was raining and thats not a very good time, because well raindrops on the camera could apear as Orbs. I did find some pictures of stuff in my grandparents house, who my great great grandparents built. As in Rods and whatnot, ill try to get this scannned soon if i can get my scanner working. Ive been talking to a Paranormal investigator in town and me and her and her friend my do some work. :D I found out that across the street, several occult type things have gone down in the woods. I went by there today, it still smelled like a dead animal and has for the past 3 or 4 years. We might meet up thursday or tommorow afternoon since i dont have band practice.
    We had a Blue moon on holloween a couple years ago and a couple of trees in that area caught on fire when it was raining, kinda weird if you ask me.
    Also there was alot of Civil war skermishes too and people have found rusted out guns and parts of uniforms(buttons, medals) Its a very cool place for stuff like that but it gets creepy after a while.