1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pardon my "Noonbieness"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm fairly new here. I am shopping for an amp upgrade (I presently only have a Carvin Probass 150). I have been looking around on Ebay etc. My question is what other amp/cab companies are roughly comparable in price/quality to Carvin in the used market? Look's like I can get a used Redline 4x10 for $200-$300 and a Carvin Head (anywhere from 300-600 watts) for about $200-$300 also. So my total investment on a used setup would be $400-$600 depending on the deal. What other amp/cab makers can I get something similiar and should be looking for?

Thanks!!!
    :D :D :D

2. Quadzilla

Bump.....
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

3. For my tastes, you are not likely to do much better than Carvin in the used *head* department for your budget, but since tastes differ, you should also keep an eye out for Peavey, Ampeg, G-K, and Hartke, all of which have been known to fall into your price range.

For used *cabs*, you probably can do better than Carvin if you're patient and observant. Not that Carvin is terrible in this regard, but on the used market I think there are better buys to be had. Look for all the aforementioned names plus Eden, SWR, and Genz Benz. If someone offers you Aguilar, Bergantino, or Epifani at a price you can afford, give it some strong consideration (but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen).

Happy hunting.

4. Quadzilla

Thank you sir!!
    :cool: