Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parents Can Help Babies Get Rythym

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Head Creep, Jun 2, 2005.

1. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    amazing , this is something every parent should know.

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    why was the first thing that came into my head the song "shake your booty"... but with the word "baby" replacing "booty"?

:eek: :help:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    this is good news, one of my kids main activities is to get bounced to the rhythm of whatever music is in the changer.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's crazy!

When I have a kid, i'm training him in triplets.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    This, of course, assumes one can bounce said baby in some semblance of rhythm...

One of my friends plays guitar w/ me... when we are playing or jamming, his wife says their baby kicks in rhythm, in utero...

6. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    From what I've been told by most people involved in the field of music therapy, the ability of the parents doesn't matter. For example, if you were to sing in an awful voice to a child, he would still be able to recognize the pitches you were singing and try to mimic it. This is the fundamental aspect necessary for development. It wouldn't hurt to sing, dance and bang on pots and pans with some semblence of order, but it's the actual action that's most important.

For those interested in this stuff, look into Orff instruments.