1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Parents cannot ground their children anymore for bad behavior.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Apr 9, 2009.

1. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I'm ashamed. For what it's worth, I'm sorry.

Our twin justice system is sometimes atrocious.

On the other hand, that's because the dad took this decision while it was the mother who had legal responsibility over the kid.

2. I seriously have no words. :scowl:

3. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Major facepalm:scowl:

I dont even know what to say....

Grade 6 kids deciding the rules of the house? God im afraid to have kids of my own one day if this is the way things are going...

I cant believe any self respecting lawyer would go through with a case like this, come on. (maybe i assume too much already)

And what kind of court decides something like that? Im so disappointed in my province right now...

Sigh:rollno:

4. I hate when this **** happens here.....

5. Because that is a good idea.

lowsound

6. Lol. What a load of crap. :rollno:

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Shameful. Pretty soon we wont be able to raise children anymore, it will be illegal.

8. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Best idea ever

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    So in the USA, if an underage girl posts inappropriate pics of herself on the internet, she's charged as a pedophile..... in Canada, an underage gal does this and she's apparently not allowed to be punished by her dad for it?
    I really wonder were common sense went. I know I know, common sense 'aint so common but it seems to me that 10, 20 years ago we had a lot more of it around.

10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

+1. Children are a bad idea. Why don't we take break for a couple of years.

11. +2. For me anyway!

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I really hope you guys are joking.:eyebrow:

13. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    As someone from Quebec, there's already too much of a break going on here. The average age has gone over 40, and grocery stores are closing to give place to huge drug stores. :meh:

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    yeah kids are icky and noisy, let's ban 'em! Do it for the k...err......... :rolleyes:

15. Not me... But I clarified "for" me. I don't like kids! And I'll be honest, I'm too self-centered for children. At least *I* admit it. There kids popping out kids who don't even truly want kids every day. At least I'm honest! ;)

16. My thoughts exactly!!! :D

17. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I love how this isn't even the first time I've heard of a young child taking their parent(s) to court for stupid reasons. Your parents ground you, so you take them to court? What is this world coming to? What gives the children the ability to take their parents to court for reasons like this? How is anyone supposed to raise their children?

I could see if the father was abusing her, then taking him to court would make a bit of sense! But this is ridiculous.

18. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    As with my parents, it's my house and my rules. If that were my kid, I'd say "You want to have your own rules? Get a job and get your own place." Seriously, if they want that much responsibility for their lives, then it's time to leave the nest. It's a waste of taxpayer's money and the legal system's time to process idiotic cases like that.

19. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    I LOVE MY VASECTOMY!

:)