Parents flipping out on you for being a little rough with your gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venting so...

Alright, so I was pissed that I can't afford anything and have a bad tedency of buying things that I cannot afford. So I drop my bass on the floor from about 6 inches off the ground, strings down on to a pretty thick carpet after my mom got through yelling at me.

Then after the bass hit the floor she friggin flipped out on me! I mean it's my bass, and it's not like I hit her car with it. Why do my parents constantly piss me off have way to hell?

How can escape this terrible family.

End of venting...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit: (BB)Watch your language, young man.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

you were mad because you can't afford things you've bought/want to buy.

you threw your bass to the carpeted floor.

your Mother got mad....

Now you want to leave.

I'da sent you to your room and taken the bass, radio, TV, computer, phone etc away.
    Sounds like you had a temper tantrum... most out grow that by their preteens.

Go tell your Mom you are sorry, Mom's like that.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    truly the most important question
  5. Sorry Bryan, but I have to agree with Speddling. It was really just a temper tantrum at the center of it.
  6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    First of all, did YOU buy the bass or did your parents? Second, Is it YOUR house? Do you pay the rent?

While living under your parents roof, they OWN you! You obey their rules. Until you have a place of your own, there's not much you can do about it.

Get over it. Move on or move out! :meh:
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Hi Kaz,

I just looked at your profile. If the info is legit and you're actually that young AND you have that gear...

you really need to get a clue.

Who bought the bass you "dropped" on the floor? Just curious. I'm a parent and I can assure you if you were my kid I wouldn't have flipped out on you. If it was an accident, cool. If not I would take that bass and donate it to a local high school. Even if you had cut grass for three summers to get it. Too bad. Lots of kids would appreciate having a bass to play:D

How do "you" buy stuff "you" can't afford? Where does the money come from?
  9. Christ man, your not friggin' Kurt Cobain, I have dropped my bass plenty of times but just out of pure accidental stupidity. I would NEVER abuse my gear like that. I would have been VERY pissed at your and probably would of slapped you harder then I slap my bass. My parents never supported my music, they don't realize it's my dream, my passion, my life! Dropping my bass on purpose would be slapping my self in the face. Like dropping my testicles after a sperm donation cause they wouldn't give me the 4 extra bucks. Christ man, you really need to appreciate your gear more, thats some fine equiptment for a 16 year old. I'm 17 and I had to bust my a$$ at work(I was the youngest person in my WHOLE family to get a job) when I was 16 for who knows how long just to get my amp. If I dropped my poweramp I'd be so pissed I would let someone punch me in the face for my own stupidity. Accidental or not. All in all, I hope you grow the hell up and learn your damn lesson. I don't care if your mom got mad, you should be mad at your own damn self. With all respect-learn something.
  10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Geeze, this is the third time I've posted this smiley tonight, but it seems appropriate again...
  11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  12. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I read into that as being an accident. If it was, your mom probably thought you were trying to be defiant and intentionally did it. In that case I think she owes you an apology.

If it wasn't an accident, you need a serious attitude adjustment.
  13. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Gonna hold your breath till you turn blue too? C'mon get over yourself.

Oh, in case I forgot...
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
  14. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I don't think se owes him an apology, he's got to be more careful with his gear (assuming it was an accident) you have a serious attitude problem, grow up :rolleyes:

15. ok listen bud. dont listen to these guys. i dident read your profile, i dont know how old you are, but you have the right to be mad. everyones like "oh, you dropped your bass once, your done with bass forever" i say, its not a big deal. If you wanna drop your gear, i think its fine. Im sure you dident drop it and try to hurt you. you obviously knew the carpet was big and soft, ect, and its not like you drood on a chair and threw it down. 6 inches. everyone can think im immature, but really im not. i dont drop my bass, but so what if he does??~?? he was just letting out a little anger. no harm, no foul right??~?? its better then him attacking people. im with ya bud, drop that bass :hyper:
    - w00t
  16. Really Kaz, you've got to get away from that terrible family.
    If all that bass gear in your profile is all that they can afford, ( I assume that they got it for you as you are only 16 ) you've just got to show them that you're worth much more.
    Here's what to do, move out, get a job as a managing director ( so that no one can tell you what to do ) pay your own rent, do your own washing, cleaning, cooking and washing up, ironing etc, pay your own bills etc........ then you'll be answerable to no one but yourself, and no one can tell you what to do!!!!

Fantastic :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's Ok to vent,
    but it's even better to show appreciation to those who try help you no matter who they are. I have two teenage sons who are both very good musicians and I've bought them both very expensive Pro gear, but they treat me like a money tree and always want more and even better gear.
    If I were your Mum, I'd see red too If something that took a lot of sacrifice to get was abused in the way you described. If thats the case, you really need to apologise.
  17. this is a bass appreciation forum, not a bass abuse forum, it's stupid to agree or tolerate with any form of musical instrument abuse here. im sorry but thats just the stupidest thing possible, music is a powerful great force and to slap it in the face like that is just blasphemy.
  18. Alright, I'm guessing that Kaz has probably figured out that what he did was questionable. Nothing more to see here.

Hey Kaz, sounds like you might have made a mistake, but I bet you learned something, right?

Good enough for me.
  19. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    this is a very rare time where i agree with perents, while she may not have needed to "freak out" as you say, this is no reson for you to drop your gear.

for one dont you have respect for your gear? why would you want to drop or toss it around or what ever you may do to it. its pointless and you may actully end up hurting it.

20. for everyone who is acussing Kaz of diliberatly dropping his bass, try re-reading.

if Kaz was trying to fuel his mother's anger, wouldnt it make sense to smash the bass from about 6 feet, not 6 inches?

read my sig. :p

If my parents ever try to take away anything that _I_ paid for and still use/want, they will one helluva fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.