1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Parisian Pearl" on Palatino bow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by devnulljp, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    Anyone know if the "Parisian Pearl" on Palatino bows is real pearl/MoP or a synthetic faux pearloid?
    I ask as I'm trying to have a bass shipped from the US to Canada that came with a Palatino student-level bow and the shipper is worried and the Dept of Fisheries and Wildlife confiscating it due to export restrictions on animal products.

I've had similar issues in the past with instruments with celluloid "pearloid" parts thatwe've always been able to resolve -- it's pretty obvious that stuff's plastic.
    But I'm not 100% sure on bows, even a cheap one. The descriptions always seem to say "Pearl Eye & Slide," which doesn't really help.

Any idea how to get confirmation one way or the other? (I tried emailing Palatino, but their web form is broken).

Thanks

2. It was imported from China, so I don't imagine it runs afoul of any international trade sanctions.

devnulljp likes this.