Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parker Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harpo, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    Just checked the Parker website The parker Bass will start to shipped this spring after a 10 year wait !

2. Darrelpr

Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Harpo,

Do a search on "Parker Bass" on this forum. The consensus seems to be a collective yawn. Hopefully, the Parker will beat expectations.

cheers,
    darrelpr

3. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I had been waiting for the Parker Fly Bass to arrive since I saw Steve Swallow back in the early 90s. So much expectation....
    Then I played both the four and five string versions at NAMM. Well, let's say I was "underwhelmed". Although it carries over some of the Fly's design, and it somewhat lighter than most solidbody basses, I think Parker missed the boat on this one in general. It is a solidbody, solid bolt on neck;none of the composite "shell" design which makes the Fly gtrs so unique; rather milquetoast electronics, and a somewhat (for a Parker at least) conservative design and approach. It is nothing like the prototype Steve Swallow plays.....but maybe they will prove me wrong. I am still waiting.

4. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Parker bass = nope. Not only does it look ugly I've heard its nothing special at all period (from people that attended NAMM). They should stick with making guitars....even though the first instrument Ken Parker built was a bass....right?

5. Then I played both the four and five string versions at NAMM. Well, let's say I was "underwhelmed". Although it carries over some of the Fly's design, and it somewhat lighter than most solidbody basses, I think Parker missed the boat on this one in general. It is a solidbody, solid bolt on neck;none of the composite "shell" design which makes the Fly gtrs so unique; rather milquetoast electronics, and a somewhat (for a Parker at least) conservative design and approach. It is nothing like the prototype Steve Swallow plays.....but maybe they will prove me wrong. I am still waiting. [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure that you played the Parker? As far as I know, It's a set neck through the bridge pickup with a layer of carbon cloth.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am not able to understand how did they manage to design a bass so ugly when they have the nicest looking and most personal modern guitar design.

incredible. that bass is UGLY.