Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parker Being Sold to U.S. Music

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lonote, Apr 8, 2004.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They sure are on a shopping trip...

BTW, did you read that Parker Bass article? What's an "unqualified success"? :confused: ;)

2. I think "unqualified success" means whatever they want it to mean in an advertising context.

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I didn't even know they made a Parker bass... interesting. Parker had been bought out once in the past by Korg, but the company was then bought back by Ken Parker. Maybe they'll recover once more.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Parker was distributed by Korg, not owned by Korg. There's a slight difference.

I love Parker stuff, but I think they are a classic case of wrong place wrong time. They came out the same year Nirvana's Nevermind came out. Demand for fancy high tech guitars plummeted, and Parker never really took off as a result. Poor them.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I wouldn't mind having a Parker guitar. Very light, I have heard some good tones come out of them, but the one Parker Bass I have played made me want to put down and never play it again.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Another one purchased by the big conglomerate :hyper: .

:meh:

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Hope the guitars come down in price.

8. how did U.S. music get so rich in the first place? i never imagined washburn to be a big seller.