1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Parker Guitars Features The Most Outstanding Acoustic/Electric Bass, PAB40

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Chicago, IL September, 2008. Parker Guitars is proud to feature their brilliant acoustic/electric bass among the Parker Bass line. The PAB40 was designed from the ground up; the American black walnut body gives a warm, smooth tone and definitive highs. This acoustic/electric represents a new level of quality and sound in a performance bass.

Utilizing the same ground breaking body shape as our superb Event™ Series guitars, the PAB40 adds our patented feedback suppressing Soundslot design and features customized Fishman Matrix Bass System electronics. For the body we chose American Black Walnut for its deep sound qualities and added an integrated thumb rest for ease and comfort in play. An ebony fingerboard and bass balanced bridge add solid punch and sustain to this remarkable instrument.

Parker Guitars is owned by US Music Corp., located just north of Chicago. US Music Corp. is a uniquely positioned, fully integrated musical instrument company that manufactures and markets instruments, accessories and audio equipment for professionals, aspiring professionals, collectors, hobbyists and beginner musicians. Also owned by US Music Corp. are Eden Electronics, Washburn Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, Oscar Schmidt and Vinci Strings.

For more information on Parker Guitars, visit www.parkerguitars.com

Attached Files:

2. climber

climber

Oct 21, 2006
    it's not on their site & not generally available in stores & there ae no reviews I can find anywhere. is this vaporware?

3. climber

climber

Oct 21, 2006
    Sweetwater has these but I can't find one in New England to try. has actually anyone played one?

4. toddferr

toddferr

Oct 5, 2008
    I played one @ The Bass Place in AZ.
    I've been looking for a good acoustic Bass and have played
    a lot of them. what i like about the Parker is that it projects very well it plays and feels like a real bass. not an over sized acoustic guitar. Good action the thumb rest feels good in a good spot and is long so you can play at the bridge or the neck. I even popped and slapped on it. what I didn't do was plug it in. How are the electronics? Todd

5. LedBelli Bass

LedBelli Bass Fine, Handmade Custom Bass Guitars

Dec 25, 2008
    Pasco, WA
    ummmmm, went to the website; no sign of the PAB40 . . .

6. imnotaniceboy

imnotaniceboy

Nov 16, 2008
    too much to beutifull

7. ENDYMI0N

ENDYMI0N

Feb 9, 2009
    Hey guys I know this is an old thread but I thought I would respond for those looking for info on this bass.
    Here goes...
    Walked into a music shop Downtown and the first thing I picked up was this Parker PAB40 Bass. Amazing tone and surprising volume too! I've probably played a good 20 or 25 acoustic basses in the last 2 months and this one was all I needed after the first note. The guy said they were selling for $1580 regular price and it was on a blow out sale because they are cutting ties with the Parker line. In the end I picked it up for $699.[​IMG]
    The only place I found it on the web site was in the resources section under the download catalogs. Weird that they havent listed it as a product.

Parker PAB40 Acoustic Bass
    Walnut front back and sides
    Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge
    5 piece Mahogany/Maple neck
    Fishman Matrix pickup

P1010946.

P1010939.

P1010913.

P1010917.

8. toddferr

toddferr

Oct 5, 2008